Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for good 914 shop in West Los Angeles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
burton73
Times have changed and I am looking for a shop that knows 914s not just a parts changer.
Thanks,

Bob B
Tom_T
Bob,

I know that Otto's was a top 914/911/912 aircooled shop when John was there/owner, but have heard since he passed in 2013 that it has apparently gone to primarily new Porsches.

Otherwise, I don't know about Westside anymore, but if no one else chimes in, down in OC there are: Bill Brewster in San Clemente, AASE in Fullerton, & also Der Buggy in Garden Grove knows the T-IV engines as well & does work on some 914s I know.

BTW - Bill's shop is now going by Brewster Industries:
http://brewsterporsche.com/

If your 914 is running, on Sunday 4/30 8 am - 2+/- pm, bring yours up to College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita (near/before Tragic Mountain) for the Cal Inland Region's PCA Zone 8 Concours, as there should be some Teeners there who may know of other shops. IIRC the Display only is free, but even the entry isn't too bad, or just come up to visit in any car!

I'll be there judging, but with my blue 88 Westy & it's awning serving as the refreshments & reg./scoring booth - so look me up & say "Hi".

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
////////

jor
Marco and Steve at TLG handle my 914, as well as those of a few others on this board. They do very good work. They are not just parts changers. Two caveats: (1) they're in North Hollywood, not on the west side; and (2) although they do very good work and are fair in their billing, they are not necessarily cheap. I've never felt overcharged.

13222 Raymer St. North Hollywood, CA 91605
(818) 982-7610
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.