Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Coil Foil, Unplugged and without a connection
forrestkhaag
post Apr 24 2017, 11:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

Just curious about experiences with MSD coils, coil wires and my debacle.

I have recently purchased the MSD AL6 digital ignition system and MSD Tech recommended to me to only use the MSD Blaster 2 coil (duhhhh) / so I bought that piece of the puzzle to add to the setup. Both were delivered w/o a coil wire which is no surprise. What is a surprise is that the blaster 2 coil has its center connector (female) sticking out about twice the length of a bosch coil. No coil wire on the shelf for a 911 dizzy would ever reach down in there to get to the woil contact. I called MSD Tech and they said they would send me out a wire. They did. It arrived and it looks like it has two spark plug ends on it / not coil to wire end much less coil wire to dizzy end. I called and they said they would send another wire. Same thing showed up in a different color / both with MSD on the wire and ends. there must be some pair of connectors that mate to a stock 911 bosch cap and to the blaster two to make these wires work.

Pics of solutions would be great / thanks

Clues Robert?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 11:22 PM