Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Making Hard Fuel line connections, CIS (6) thread counts ?
DougC
post May 10 2005, 02:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,307

OK, I've installed hard fuel lines in the 914 before I install the six, and need to figure out how I'll be making the connection to the stock CIS fuel connections. First, I guess I need the thread count (on the CIS side) to have hoses made up...what size hoses? AN or stock type? Then, to connect these hoses to the accumulator and filter, then to the hard lines that I've install - will standard hose clamps work? Or is there a better way, like buying a flare tool and use some kind of fitting to connect it to the hose I'll be using? I feel so lame when it comes to plumbing this stuff but I need to get it right, so any and all advice is appreciated. TIA!

Doug C
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post May 10 2005, 02:49 PM
Post #2

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

i did all the CIS connections in my ur-GTI Rabbit in AN-6. hose ends and adapters were available for all the fittings. i donno what all you're trying to connect on your car, and i don't know the 911 fitting sizes. but i'd have to guess there are Earl's hose ends and adapter fittings for all that stuff too...
+Quote Post
DougC
post May 10 2005, 03:18 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,307

OK, after reviewing some archived threads looks like the AN-6 if definately the popular choice. How and who to ask about the adapters for the stock Porsche CIS fittings? I assume standard AN fittings aren't compatable with the metric fittings Porsche uses, right? Also, is it possible to add AN-6 fittings to the hard metal fuel lines that I've installed (they don't have any kind of end on them, just cut off).

Doug C
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post May 10 2005, 03:30 PM
Post #4

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

Earl's

on my car, the fitting into the fuel distributor was the same size/thread as a Weber carburetor. there are several Earl's hose ends that connect directly to this fitting, or you can get an adapter and use a standard AN-6 37-deg flare hose end. in my case, it was most convenient to use an adapter and a 120-deg tube hose end, for example.

there are banjo-bolt hose ends for (e,g,) the fuel pump.

the hard one was the accumulator, because the one in that car used two male ports. but there were (fairly new at the time - few years ago now) some power-steering adapters that used the same threads and with an appropriate O-ring held the pressure just fine.

you can either get a 37-deg flaring tool and flare the hardline (don't forget to put the ferrule on the line first!) or use compression fittings.

on my car, tank->pump->accumulator->filter->fuel distributor->tank it was about $400 all told. there's a bunch of different kinds and grades of hose; i've only used the Perform-O-Flex hose which is easy to work with and has the largest selection of specialty hose ends. it's not the cheapest, but the hose is not the biggest part of the expense - the fittings are...
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post May 10 2005, 03:38 PM
Post #5

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

And don't be tempted to cheap out here, as CIS runs very high fuel pressure between the tank and the fuel distributor. I haven't seen 911 CIS fittings in 5 years, so I'm afraid I can't offer any more help.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:06 AM