Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: auto trans swap in VW`Mk4, 09G to 09A - need advice
poorsche914
post May 27 2017, 08:57 PM
Post #1

T4 Supercharged

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

I have posted this in two different places on VWVortex but have gotten ZERO response (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

Hoping someone here will have experience with these transmissions.

My son has an '02 GTI 5-speed that needs some major work restoration work. We have located a parts car that will work perfectly - '03 GTI in same color but with an automatic transmission.

I have an '04 New Beetle Convertible with 6-speed Tiptronic (09G) that ist kaput. VB and solenoids have been tried without success - still flares into 4th and never engages. I think it is a mechanical issue that would entail tearing down the unit... something I am not equipped to do.

My question: is the 09A (5-speed tiptronic) a direct drop-in for the 09G (6-speed tiptronic)? Is it as simple as swapping the units and TCM? I do have a VAG-COM so can clear codes, etc if needed.

Sure would be nice to get two non-op VWs back on the road. Will clear up the driveway for another 914 project (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Any advice and input is much appreciated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 05:31 PM