Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rear targa latch hardware, specifically the screws
Madswede
post Jun 3 2017, 05:22 PM
Post #1

Flat Out Driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,831
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

What size/thread are the screws that hold on the rear targa top latches? If there's a difference, this is for my '73.

Last year, I took the ones I had on there off for Joe since they were his. He had me send all the hardware to him. No idea what happened to my original hardware from the build.

So no problem, I got replacement rear clips, but no way to attach them to the body. Dunno why I got those without the screws, but apparently that's what I got. I've tried a few random bits of hardware in my pile, and found what I believe is the right thread/diameter on an example, but the length is way too long. Doesn't go in more than one 360-degree turn, either. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

The few pics of the real screws look like they should be rather short, and only a few turns to put them in there. Don't want to ruin the threads so I'm asking the knowledge base to be sure what size I should get.

A search on Pelican was not very enlightening. There appear to be a litany of hardware machine screws available. Yes, I could just start buying them up to see, but I thought I'd ask in case someone knew and I could just go to local hardware store. I think they might be the 5 x 0.8 x 8 mm or part 15870-M769. Anyone know?

Thanks.

- Jon
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Madswede   Rear targa latch hardware   Jun 3 2017, 05:22 PM
Garland   Here you go   Jun 3 2017, 05:33 PM
Larmo63   Probably the most common bolt size on our cars.......   Jun 3 2017, 05:38 PM
Madswede   OK, thanks for the picture. I'll go for some t...   Jun 3 2017, 06:04 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 10:11 PM