Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear targa latch hardware
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Madswede
What size/thread are the screws that hold on the rear targa top latches? If there's a difference, this is for my '73.

Last year, I took the ones I had on there off for Joe since they were his. He had me send all the hardware to him. No idea what happened to my original hardware from the build.

So no problem, I got replacement rear clips, but no way to attach them to the body. Dunno why I got those without the screws, but apparently that's what I got. I've tried a few random bits of hardware in my pile, and found what I believe is the right thread/diameter on an example, but the length is way too long. Doesn't go in more than one 360-degree turn, either. confused24.gif

The few pics of the real screws look like they should be rather short, and only a few turns to put them in there. Don't want to ruin the threads so I'm asking the knowledge base to be sure what size I should get.

A search on Pelican was not very enlightening. There appear to be a litany of hardware machine screws available. Yes, I could just start buying them up to see, but I thought I'd ask in case someone knew and I could just go to local hardware store. I think they might be the 5 x 0.8 x 8 mm or part 15870-M769. Anyone know?

Thanks.

- Jon
Garland
Here you go

Click to view attachment

Larmo63
Probably the most common bolt size on our cars......
Madswede
OK, thanks for the picture. I'll go for some trial and error at the hardware store. At least I can see the length.

EDIT: It's hot in my garage and this Swede is feeling pissy today. Sorry about that. I appreciate the help and the obvious hint I didn't think of. I pulled one off one of the targa top clips in the rear deck. That's the one. Now I know what I'm after. If hardware store strikes out, I'll order it off Pelican. Thanks guys. Dunno why I don't have a stock of these lying around. Maybe I should just rectify that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.