Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuse blows and alternator light comes on...., 400 miles from home and need to find short circuit....
second wind
post Jun 4 2017, 11:58 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,543
Region Association: Southern California

Hey Gang, had a great WCR and everything was going just great......then my starter wouldn't even turn on but a 914 guru here found the broken yellow wire on my hot start relay and all was well. Then just admiring how my car is all fixed the alternator light goes on and number 8 fuse blows. I had this happen before due to short behind speedo so I jiggled speedo and put in new fuse and all fine again.....until I blipped throttle and fuse blew. Then when I was replacing fuse with engine on I could see the fuse starting to blow and engine seemed to die a bit so I pulled fuse out before it blew. Down to four fuses left. Previous forums say check the fuse panel for short on fuses 8 and 9 terminals hitting dash frame or something like that. Please offer explanations as desert is no place for a breakdown.....thank you!
gg
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:18 PM