Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuse blows and alternator light comes on....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
Hey Gang, had a great WCR and everything was going just great......then my starter wouldn't even turn on but a 914 guru here found the broken yellow wire on my hot start relay and all was well. Then just admiring how my car is all fixed the alternator light goes on and number 8 fuse blows. I had this happen before due to short behind speedo so I jiggled speedo and put in new fuse and all fine again.....until I blipped throttle and fuse blew. Then when I was replacing fuse with engine on I could see the fuse starting to blow and engine seemed to die a bit so I pulled fuse out before it blew. Down to four fuses left. Previous forums say check the fuse panel for short on fuses 8 and 9 terminals hitting dash frame or something like that. Please offer explanations as desert is no place for a breakdown.....thank you!
gg
second wind
Add....the previous write ups here are amazing....brake pedal switch could do it I guess....I will have to try everything.....it has to be a short somewhere....but where?? Gotta' love these cars for keeping our blood pumping....
gg
second wind
Fuse is number 9.....although turn signals don't work when fuse blows.....tach and gauges all act crazy when fuse blows.....
gg
Mike Bellis
See if there is a single spade terminal or multiple. Try to disconnect wires and isolate the issue.

Wish I was closer...
second wind
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jun 4 2017, 01:38 PM) *

See if there is a single spade terminal or multiple. Try to disconnect wires and isolate the issue.

Wish I was closer...

I found an extremely loose spade connector on fuse 9....hope that is it. Could that be it? Thanks
gg
second wind
QUOTE(second wind @ Jun 4 2017, 02:26 PM) *

Wish I was closer...

I found an extremely loose spade connector on fuse 9....hope that is it. Could that be it? Thanks
gg

That didnt work....changed out connector and fuse blew instantly.....hmmm
gg
second wind
QUOTE(second wind @ Jun 4 2017, 02:58 PM) *

QUOTE(second wind @ Jun 4 2017, 02:26 PM) *

Wish I was closer...

gg

That didnt work....changed out connector and fuse blew instantly.....hmmm
gg

Fixed it!! Reverse light switch wires where grounding out on starter housing....cut them clean trying to fix reverse lights but never taper them off.....they finally worked there way to the starter housing....thanks for the help and now ready to take on 400 mile drive home.....WooooHooooo!!
gg
Mike Bellis
Good. Glad you found it. Electrical problems far from home suck!
Drums66
........BRAVO!(be Safe) driving.gif
bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.