Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> HPDE Insurance and the Sh!tty State of New York
tomeric914
post Jun 7 2017, 07:31 PM
Post #1

One Lap of America in a 914!

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,101
Region Association: North East States

In an attempt to do the right thing today, I looked into other classic auto insurers to see what their take is on insuring a daily driver that would be use on the track as well. I got an eye opener:

I specifically stated (full disclosure) in an insurance application that the vehicle would be used at track day events. This was a company that touted "Motorsports" coverage for daily drivers. DENIED because NY state requires liability no matter where you are. HPDE (track day) insurance only covers the owner for vehicle damage. Liability comes out of the standard day to day policy. Explaining this over the phone to an agent was a waste of time. They see "track day" and say "no way".

I then contacted my regular auto insurance and asked if they would cover a newer sports car which is my daily driver if I attended track day events. Again, "track day", "no way". They said that I may need commercial insurance which tells me that they have no clue at all. I'm still waiting for a response back from them.

PCA has a deal with Lockton Affinity (sp?) and while they offer track day insurance, it is only for vehicle damage and maybe track cleanup, they don't offer liability insurance. Same problem.

So the question is, what do you all do for insurance for a vehicle which is registered and street legal? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 08:59 AM