Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> got zoomed and my car was parked
LuckieO
post May 13 2005, 02:05 AM
Post #41

Series9's future ex-wife...

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,989

I own a 911 and I am sad to say that 911 guys are often pricks. I think that the love of the car, the love for the men who created the VW and then the Porsche , is not really there with many of the people who own 911s, 993s, 996s and the like. It is more about the prestige of owning a Porsche. Obviously, there are many exceptions to the rule as well. But, I will say that the people that I met at the WCC, people who own all different types of Porsches, were a really great group. Really, just a bunch of people having fun with some of the best cars on the planet!

I will quote "Wow, this is nothing like any PCA event I have ever been to!"

No offense to the PCA, but I have never met so many great people at one Porsche gathering!

And oh, how I do love the 951...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
meares
post May 13 2005, 02:34 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 3,800

i drove my dad's 964 for a year and a half and the one thing i noticed is that the folks driving the newer porsches didn't wave, flick the high beams, nothing!!!! the people in the older "purist/enthusiasts" cars waved or knew to flick the high beams....it's really disenchanting to see some people buying the mark as a status symbol and not as emotional heart-felt purchase! but, i guess i have a weird view of porsches
+Quote Post
bd1308
post May 13 2005, 02:42 PM
Post #43

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

hell...I even wave to the VW folks,, adn they flash thier lights and wave....the jeep people waved to each other(when i had one)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post May 13 2005, 02:43 PM
Post #44

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Taildraggers make great parts cars for our conversions.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
bd1308
post May 13 2005, 02:44 PM
Post #45

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

QUOTE (rick 918-S @ May 13 2005, 02:43 PM)
Taildraggers make great parts cars for our conversions.

agreed
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post May 13 2005, 02:48 PM
Post #46

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE (bd1308 @ May 13 2005, 03:42 PM)
hell...I even wave to the VW folks,, adn they flash thier lights and wave....the jeep people waved to each other(when i had one)

the VW folk always wave! and old P-car guys seem to be much more friendly... boxter people really don't realize what the 914 is... a boxter guy at a gas station asked if it was an alpha spider? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/blink.gif)

when I was driving my teener, interestingly enough, I always got a thumb-up from Harley guys too.... they just like a car that's as loud as them(old car had a monza, it was obsene)!
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post May 13 2005, 03:06 PM
Post #47

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

My daily driver is a MBZ 240D from 1975. I am all obout the status symbol (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif)

I agree, it is sad that more 911 guys are not cool. The only 911 guys that I have met and liked owned 914s.
+Quote Post
anthony
post May 13 2005, 03:12 PM
Post #48

2270 club

Member No.: 218

.it's really disenchanting to see some people buying the mark as a status symbol and not as emotional heart-felt purchase! but, i guess i have a weird view of porsches

Why do you guys care? IMO, a new water pumping Porsche barely qualifies as a Porsche anyway. A new 997 costs $90K+ out the door - what kind of people do you think are going to buy those cars?

+Quote Post
jd74914
post May 13 2005, 05:21 PM
Post #49

Its alive

Member No.: 1,659
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ May 13 2005, 12:48 PM)
QUOTE (bd1308 @ May 13 2005, 03:42 PM)

the VW folk always wave! and old P-car guys seem to be much more friendly... boxter people really don't realize what the 914 is... a boxter guy at a gas station asked if it was an alpha spider? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/blink.gif)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/agree.gif) Many boxster people don't really seem to recognize classic porsches (I've seen some who had never heard of the 356)
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post May 13 2005, 05:29 PM
Post #50

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

QUOTE (Sammy @ May 12 2005, 03:02 PM)
I hang out with 914 owners, and 911 owners as well. For the most part they are no different. Some are cool, some are not, but they all love cars.

The exception to that is:
when I go to lunch or whatever with a bunch of 911 guys, they all throw money in when the bill comes and there is too much so the extra has to be divided up and returned.

When I go out with a bunch of 914 guys, the one who gets stuck with the check counts up the money and it's $50 short and he has to cover it. I've seen both scenarios three times that I can think of right now, twice the guy who got nailed with the bill and had to pay the difference is someone on this board (at Chilis and hooters). I won't name names, but the good guys' initials are Brad and Skline.
They paid the bills and didn't bitch cause they are like that. Me? I'da bitched til the cows came home.

I learned that when going to a social function with a bunch of 914'ers, always ask for seperate checks (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)

Add me....
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post May 13 2005, 05:34 PM
Post #51

QUOTE (black73 @ May 12 2005, 05:35 PM)
Can someone explain to me what this is all about? It seems 911 owner hate 914s. 914 owners hate 944s etc. But mustang guys are Ford loyal all the way. Vette owners are chevy to the bone. Porsche owners are the only ones I know that act this way. Who cares which one is the "best", they are all great!

We hate everybody...unless we sit down and there is a bottle of tekillya in front of us.....then we just hate MOPARS.....
+Quote Post
Brando
post May 13 2005, 05:57 PM
Post #52

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE ("Z" @ May 13 2005, 03:34 PM)
QUOTE (black73 @ May 12 2005, 05:35 PM)
Can someone explain to me what this is all about? It seems 911 owner hate 914s. 914 owners hate 944s etc. But mustang guys are Ford loyal all the way. Vette owners are chevy to the bone. Porsche owners are the only ones I know that act this way. Who cares which one is the "best", they are all great!

We hate everybody...unless we sit down and there is a bottle of tekillya in front of us.....then we just hate MOPARS.....

and JDM... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/dry.gif)

... or JDR as we call it... (Japcrap Domestic Rice).
+Quote Post
Allan
post May 13 2005, 06:02 PM
Post #53

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304

Is it me? Or does everyone know that the only difference between a porcupine and a 911 is that the porcupine has the pricks on the outside? But really, I drove an MG for 3 years while I was living in England and it was the same between us and the guy's that had the latest Alfa, Lotus or Rover. Ya gotta love the car!!!
+Quote Post
MecGen
post May 13 2005, 06:05 PM
Post #54

8 Easy Steps

Member No.: 3,421

Hey
The last 914 I crossed on the road, we stopped and talked for an hour (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ar15.gif)
Guess its not the same when Porsches are everywhere,
in my winter wonderland, your lucky to see another 914.
Later
Joe

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
anthony
post May 13 2005, 06:06 PM
Post #55

2270 club

Member No.: 218

The difference here is what I'd call "car people" and people that just buy cars that happen to be Porsches. Car people tend to like and appreciate all kinds of cool cars even if they settle on one brand/model to own. People that post here are car people, people that buy new Boxsters and 997s aren't necessarily car people. Don't feel bad if they don't wave.

+Quote Post
Brando
post May 13 2005, 06:10 PM
Post #56

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Member No.: 2,648

QUOTE (anthony @ May 13 2005, 04:06 PM)
The difference here is what I'd call "car people" and people that just buy cars that happen to be Porsches. Car people tend to like and appreciate all kinds of cool cars even if they settle on one brand/model to own. People that post here are car people, people that buy new Boxsters and 997s aren't necessarily car people. Don't feel bad if they don't wave.

Most new Boxster or 911 owners I flash or wave to on the road give me a nice big (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/finger.gif)

I tend to lump them into the category of "too much money to want a hondah, not enough class to own a lambo"
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post May 13 2005, 07:21 PM
Post #57

QUOTE (Headrage @ May 13 2005, 04:02 PM)
Is it me? Or does everyone know that the only difference between a porcupine and a 911 is that the porcupine has the pricks on the outside?  But really, I drove an MG for 3 years while I was living in England and it was the same between us and the guy's that had the latest Alfa, Lotus or Rover.  Ya gotta love the car!!!

The new joke has an OH shit answer.....

What's the diff between an air cooled Porsche and a Porcupine?

NOTHING...both are endangered.....

save your cars.....cause no one else but the yuppies will......
+Quote Post
mharrison
post May 13 2005, 10:12 PM
Post #58

Why do I bother????

Member No.: 1,123

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/agree.gif) Enjoy the car people you meet and ignore the people who just bought cars that happen to be Porsches. OR, we can take the time to try and turn them into CAR PEOPLE. I love a teener, I'm a bit of a purist (come on, a radiator? WTF??) , but my sisters new Carrera is A BLAST to drive, The Boxter looks like it would be a ball, Hell, I just like a nice automobile.
+Quote Post
redshift
post May 13 2005, 10:17 PM
Post #59

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

911 Wave: (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/driving.gif) © 2002 Sammy

M
+Quote Post
red914
post May 13 2005, 10:29 PM
Post #60

...i believe in coyotes and time as an abstract...

Member No.: 1,641

QUOTE (xsboost90 @ May 12 2005, 05:56 PM)
... and 914 guys hate rust...

and we have never had a more tireless foe. not that it has no tires, but that it doesn't get tired... oh, i give up
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 06:18 AM