Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wierd electrical gremlin..., possesed headlights...
falcor75
post Jun 13 2017, 07:28 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,176
Region Association: Scandinavia

This last saturday I had been at an airfield slalom event and was driving home.
I've got Spokes front LED units so ordinary driving I just use the leds as DRL's so my lightswitch was in the first step pulled out.

Suddenly the headlights popped up about halfway up. (both)
I pulled the lightswitch out and they went fully up, I shut them down and they cycled down as normal.

Once back home in the garage I shut the car down and then turned the ignition on again and turned the headlights on, this time they kept cycling up down up down up down untill I shut them down. Tried it once more and this time they worked as normal... I tried to provoke the error again but only got normal operation.

Not quite sure what to think. Since its both the headlights thats affected I'm suspecting the light switch rather than a relay. What could cause it inside the switch I have no idea. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 12:50 AM