Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SCCA uto-X at Mather (Sacramento) on June 11, Awesome Auto-X site!
Steve_7x
post May 13 2005, 04:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,503

For those of you from Northern California, a unique opportunity has opened for us to Autocross at Mather Field again.

Those of you that autocrossed in the area during the late 90's into 2001, will recall Mather Field as one of the premier facilities. SCCA, American Autocross Series, PCA-SVR and probably some others used the site for many years. Unfortunately shortly after 9/11 the facility was no longer opened to us.

On June 11, as part of the Shriners Concours (which is June 12), SCCA will be putting on an Autocross at Mather Field. This will be the first one at this site since 2001.

What makes Mather so special?

The site of the autocross is essentially the size of Alameda, with an excellent surface.. or should I say surfaces. There is a mix of Concrete and Asphalt. The concrete is much gripper then the asphalt and the courses tend to switch between the surfaces creating another dyamic to the driving experience. Another difference is that while there is a very wide center section, there are also these connected areas that were used for parked military bombers. Courses have a tendency to go into those sections as well.

As I understand it the entry fee goes to the Shriner's Hospital which is a very worthwhile cause.

Sunday is the Shriner's concouse... Porsche has had a very good turn-ouit at these over the past several years - so there is even something to do on Sunday.

I hope to see a large contingent of 914's out there!

Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 03:12 AM