Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Job Op, Openings within WSJ
Brando
post May 14 2005, 02:36 PM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

I put in for a FT job with my company a few weeks ago and heard some positive things yesterday.

To give you some background, I've been working with the Wall Street Journal for approximately 7 months. I work in the production department managing the Computer Room. The position I put in for is in the Circulation department. Many other managers have told me it's like crossing a bridge into a parallel universe (difference between production and circulation). Others have said it's Art and Science.

So yesterday I talk to the Circ. Manager for the whole western region who is stationed in our plant. Good news is that the position is full-time, a train and let-loose position. Meaning I'd be trained for a year or so then placed in an office wherever needed at that time (within the US). And the better part is I'm in the top 3 for the position. There are only 2 other candidates left. The bad part is, they both have Bachelor's degrees (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif)

If I don't get the position, I guess it's back to school I go. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/dry.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Brando   OT: Job Op   May 14 2005, 02:36 PM
bondo   Good luck man! A degree isn't worth that m...   May 14 2005, 02:52 PM
BIGKAT_83   Is the new job at the same place where the WSJ is ...   May 14 2005, 05:01 PM
Brando  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 09:18 PM