Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Job Op
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
I put in for a FT job with my company a few weeks ago and heard some positive things yesterday.

To give you some background, I've been working with the Wall Street Journal for approximately 7 months. I work in the production department managing the Computer Room. The position I put in for is in the Circulation department. Many other managers have told me it's like crossing a bridge into a parallel universe (difference between production and circulation). Others have said it's Art and Science.

So yesterday I talk to the Circ. Manager for the whole western region who is stationed in our plant. Good news is that the position is full-time, a train and let-loose position. Meaning I'd be trained for a year or so then placed in an office wherever needed at that time (within the US). And the better part is I'm in the top 3 for the position. There are only 2 other candidates left. The bad part is, they both have Bachelor's degrees unsure.gif

If I don't get the position, I guess it's back to school I go. dry.gif
bondo
Good luck man! A degree isn't worth that much these days (ask me how I know). Pretty good chance that if the other guys get offered the position, they will turn it down because they think they're worth more money.

I kinda wish I had spent those 9 years getting work experience.. that's what everyone wants. Instead I have a degree and little work experience. Phooey.

Edit: (And $15k in student loans)
BIGKAT_83
Is the new job at the same place where the WSJ is printed in Riverside.
I worked there about 5 years ago on the rebuild of the printing press. I was working on the electrical controls for the new press sections.

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Bob
Brando
QUOTE (BIGKAT_83 @ May 14 2005, 03:01 PM)
Is the new job at the same place where the WSJ is printed in Riverside.
I worked there about 5 years ago on the rebuild of the printing press. I was working on the electrical controls for the new press sections.

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Bob

Bob really? You know Lori and Ginny? Lori's who trained me. Right now I'm workin with Edsel...

Yes, position is at the same location (Riverside). We've probably had quite a few management changes since you've worked here though. beer.gif
BIGKAT_83
Don't really recal any of the WSJ people except for a fellow that desert raced pickup trucks.
I worked mostly with the Gross press people starting up the new press sections.

GOOD LUCK with the new job...............Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.