Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Passenger Side Suspension Console, "Mmmmm........nice and crunchy........."
Seventyfive914
post May 15 2005, 09:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,249

Hello All. I made the unpleasant discovery this afternoon that my passenger side suspension console is partially rotted out. I don't know why I didn't catch that earlier. I would have thought the pressure washer would have started knocking some of it out when I hosed her down. Anyway, I've checked the Tweeks site, and Pelican Parts scoping for the replacement section. Any skinny on the absolute best deal in town for one? Thanks for any advice. Regards, -K-
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
a914luvr
post May 15 2005, 10:28 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 259

I'd be interested in knowing of a reputable person/shop capable of installing something like that. I have a 914-6 that needs significant rust repair. I'm in SoCal if anyone can recommend someone.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post May 16 2005, 12:30 AM
Post #3

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE (a914luvr @ May 15 2005, 09:28 PM)
I'd be interested in knowing of a reputable person/shop capable of installing something like that. I have a 914-6 that needs significant rust repair. I'm in SoCal if anyone can recommend someone.

i'd talk to brad about it. he has done it many times ...

in fact, if you do a search here, he posted the whole process (with lots of pictures) in a thread a year ago or so ...

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smash.gif) Andy
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Brando
post May 16 2005, 12:49 AM
Post #4

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE (a914luvr @ May 15 2005, 08:28 PM)

Garrett's Auto Body on Main.

It would probably cost $$$$$$ but they have the skills and tools down there.
+Quote Post
SpecialK
post May 16 2005, 03:47 AM
Post #5

aircraft surgeon

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,797

QUOTE (Brando @ May 15 2005, 10:49 PM)
QUOTE (a914luvr @ May 15 2005, 08:28 PM)

Garrett's Auto Body on Main.

It would probably cost $$$$$$ but they have the skills and tools down there.

Geez! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif) What a blatant hijack! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/dry.gif)

Back to the original question.....

Restoration Design is probably your best bet on a new one at a descent price:

http://www.restoration-design.com/

Cheapest option is to find one of the west TX, AZ, or CA guys that's chopping up a perfectly good car "parts car" because they're tired of looking at it........but with the shipping, it'd probably come out to be about the same deal $$$$ wise though.

Kevin

+Quote Post
Seventyfive914
post May 16 2005, 06:45 AM
Post #6

Hey there Kevin, thanks for your reply. That source looks to be the best price for a new component. Just for grins I'm going to go up to my storage space today and survey the carcass (what's left of it, post sawzall application) of my casualty '73, just in case there's a useable one there. I'm not going to hold my breath on that though, considering that the passenger side engine mount point was completely gone on that car. Kind of unlikely that the suspension console was very far behind. Regards, -K-
+Quote Post
skline
post May 16 2005, 07:05 AM
Post #7

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

I know you guys are going to rag on me about this, At the WCC I got one of these for Paul from AutoAtlanta when he bought Bondos car and they gave me a good price on it. Here it is on their web site for less than RD.

Suspension Console
+Quote Post
Seventyfive914
post May 16 2005, 07:19 AM
Post #8

I've been trying to locate that previous thread that was referred to earlier that details the replacement/installation of the suspension console, but can't come up with the proper keyword sequence to take me to it. Anyone have the direct link to taht post? Regards, -K-
+Quote Post
Verruckt
post May 16 2005, 07:23 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 2,348

QUOTE (Seventyfive914 @ May 16 2005, 07:19 AM)
I've been trying to locate that previous thread that was referred to earlier that details the replacement/installation of the suspension console, but can't come up with the proper keyword sequence to take me to it. Anyone have the direct link to taht post? Regards, -K-

its in the classic threads section. I just searched Brad's name "brad roberts". It was on like the 4 page of results.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post May 16 2005, 10:28 AM
Post #10

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE (Verruckt @ May 16 2005, 06:23 AM)
its in the classic threads section.

gee, could have posted a link ... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool_shades.gif)

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=5&t=16191

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif) Andy
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
watsonrx13
post May 16 2005, 06:34 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 312
Region Association: South East States

Based on Brad's posts and recommendations, here's the beginning of my replacement process....You'll have to follow the links for the complete process....

Replace suspension ear

If you search the complete site, you should find a half-dozen posts related to the replacement of the suspension ear....

Good luck and post your progress and results so that others can benefit from your experience.

+Quote Post
dmenche914
post May 16 2005, 07:56 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 366

Fuuny, I believe Restoration Design makes the suspension counsul that AA sells, go figure if it is cheaper at AA??? Maybe a sale on old stock???

If you need a brand new factory passenger engine mounting counsol, I got one, Last I check only six left in Germany at Porsche, and no one else stocks them, no repros have been made. let me know.
+Quote Post
Seventyfive914
post May 17 2005, 06:47 AM
Post #13

Just a quick note to say "Thanks" for all the informative responses, links etc. I checked with Auto Atlanta just for grins, and it turns out that they list their reproduction of that component for $175. Anyone have any experience installing one of theirs. I would expect that coming from the 914 sanctuary of Mr. H. they would be of comperable quality to the original piece. Regards, -K-
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:01 PM