Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Passenger Side Suspension Console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Seventyfive914
Hello All. I made the unpleasant discovery this afternoon that my passenger side suspension console is partially rotted out. I don't know why I didn't catch that earlier. I would have thought the pressure washer would have started knocking some of it out when I hosed her down. Anyway, I've checked the Tweeks site, and Pelican Parts scoping for the replacement section. Any skinny on the absolute best deal in town for one? Thanks for any advice. Regards, -K-
a914luvr
I'd be interested in knowing of a reputable person/shop capable of installing something like that. I have a 914-6 that needs significant rust repair. I'm in SoCal if anyone can recommend someone.
SirAndy
QUOTE (a914luvr @ May 15 2005, 09:28 PM)
I'd be interested in knowing of a reputable person/shop capable of installing something like that. I have a 914-6 that needs significant rust repair. I'm in SoCal if anyone can recommend someone.

i'd talk to brad about it. he has done it many times ...

in fact, if you do a search here, he posted the whole process (with lots of pictures) in a thread a year ago or so ...

smash.gif Andy
Brando
QUOTE (a914luvr @ May 15 2005, 08:28 PM)

Garrett's Auto Body on Main.

It would probably cost $$$$$$ but they have the skills and tools down there.
SpecialK
QUOTE (Brando @ May 15 2005, 10:49 PM)
QUOTE (a914luvr @ May 15 2005, 08:28 PM)

Garrett's Auto Body on Main.

It would probably cost $$$$$$ but they have the skills and tools down there.

Geez! ohmy.gif What a blatant hijack! dry.gif

Back to the original question.....

Restoration Design is probably your best bet on a new one at a descent price:

http://www.restoration-design.com/

Cheapest option is to find one of the west TX, AZ, or CA guys that's chopping up a perfectly good car "parts car" because they're tired of looking at it........but with the shipping, it'd probably come out to be about the same deal $$$$ wise though.

Kevin

Seventyfive914
Hey there Kevin, thanks for your reply. That source looks to be the best price for a new component. Just for grins I'm going to go up to my storage space today and survey the carcass (what's left of it, post sawzall application) of my casualty '73, just in case there's a useable one there. I'm not going to hold my breath on that though, considering that the passenger side engine mount point was completely gone on that car. Kind of unlikely that the suspension console was very far behind. Regards, -K-
skline
I know you guys are going to rag on me about this, At the WCC I got one of these for Paul from AutoAtlanta when he bought Bondos car and they gave me a good price on it. Here it is on their web site for less than RD.

Suspension Console
Seventyfive914
I've been trying to locate that previous thread that was referred to earlier that details the replacement/installation of the suspension console, but can't come up with the proper keyword sequence to take me to it. Anyone have the direct link to taht post? Regards, -K-
Verruckt
QUOTE (Seventyfive914 @ May 16 2005, 07:19 AM)
I've been trying to locate that previous thread that was referred to earlier that details the replacement/installation of the suspension console, but can't come up with the proper keyword sequence to take me to it. Anyone have the direct link to taht post? Regards, -K-

its in the classic threads section. I just searched Brad's name "brad roberts". It was on like the 4 page of results.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Verruckt @ May 16 2005, 06:23 AM)
its in the classic threads section.

gee, could have posted a link ... cool_shades.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=5&t=16191

wink.gif Andy
watsonrx13
Based on Brad's posts and recommendations, here's the beginning of my replacement process....You'll have to follow the links for the complete process....

Replace suspension ear

If you search the complete site, you should find a half-dozen posts related to the replacement of the suspension ear....

Good luck and post your progress and results so that others can benefit from your experience.

dmenche914
Fuuny, I believe Restoration Design makes the suspension counsul that AA sells, go figure if it is cheaper at AA??? Maybe a sale on old stock???

If you need a brand new factory passenger engine mounting counsol, I got one, Last I check only six left in Germany at Porsche, and no one else stocks them, no repros have been made. let me know.
Seventyfive914
Just a quick note to say "Thanks" for all the informative responses, links etc. I checked with Auto Atlanta just for grins, and it turns out that they list their reproduction of that component for $175. Anyone have any experience installing one of theirs. I would expect that coming from the 914 sanctuary of Mr. H. they would be of comperable quality to the original piece. Regards, -K-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.