Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: Gaging Interest, Set of 4 Riviera Wheels With Center Caps
914_7T3
post Jul 20 2017, 03:50 PM
Post #1

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,991
Region Association: Southern California

I am looking to replace the 4 Lug Riviera's on my VW with some chromies and would like to pre-sell the Rivieras so they wont be sitting around taking up space.

These rims were on the car when I bought it in 1987 and I have only put 20,000 miles on them over that time. I believe these to be original Rivieras and not EMPI or aftermarket.

They are in very good condition and can use a little polish to remove some light oxidation. These are beautiful looking rims, but I'm looking for a change.

Asking $550 OBO

Local pick up in Sherman Oaks, CA.

Attached Image Attached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 20 2017, 04:07 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181

Calvinator, those look very nice!

You might want to pull one off to get the actual mfgr. & the offset, since there was a VW offset, & the 914 offset of ET40, to help prospective buyers.

FYI - Those are the later repops, but I can't say whose. The originals don't have that lip for clip-on weights around the outer edge. The originals are all flat, like mine on my 73 914 2L since before I got it from the OO in 1975, in the pic below.

Attached Image Attached Image
> Note: Mine are the brushed aluminum finish - not polished like yours, so they always look more downplayed/dull. Those are also the double reversed "r" logo Riviera center-caps, but many broke, got lost or were replaced/upgraded.

Rivieras were very popular in the 70s & 80's as a cost effective & easy way to get a 5-spoke look without having to redrill for 5-lugs.

PS - Yours look like the same cast pot metal center caps that I got & hand painted to put on our `88 Westy aluminum wheels, but the 3 tiny Allen screws were insufficient to hold them on at any speed - so they kept flying off on the freeway around curves - so I took them off & stored them. Very poorly designed, but looked cool painted - my wife loved them on "her Happy Van"!

Attached Image

I mention this in case you're planning to transfer them to the new wheels, as they may become dangerous projectiles on the freeway. So watch out with those center caps!

GLWTS! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Jul 20 2017, 04:23 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

Tom is correct,had a set of these on my beetle just as in his pic,flat edge on mine and stick on wheel weights,came from Pomona swap meet via a mate who was doing a US parts buy up,think mine were the Porsche offset from memory,certainly pumped out the wheel track,I have always liked these wheels BTW.
Didn't the originals come in 2 widths also ??? hard to remember but think mine were the wider ones.
Tom my friend sure you can answer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .
+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Jul 20 2017, 05:39 PM
Post #4

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Member No.: 20,991

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 20 2017, 03:07 PM) *

Calvinator, those look very nice!

You might want to pull one off to get the actual mfgr. & the offset, since there was a VW offset, & the 914 offset of ET40, to help prospective buyers.

FYI - Those are the later repops, but I can't say whose. The originals don't have that lip for clip-on weights around the outer edge. The originals are all flat, like mine on my 73 914 2L since before I got it from the OO in 1975, in the pic below.

> Note: Mine are the brushed aluminum finish - not polished like yours, so they always look more downplayed/dull. Those are also the double reversed "r" logo Riviera center-caps, but many broke, got lost or were replaced/upgraded.

Rivieras were very popular in the 70s & 80's as a cost effective & easy way to get a 5-spoke look without having to redrill for 5-lugs.

PS - Yours look like the same cast pot metal center caps that I got & hand painted to put on our `88 Westy aluminum wheels, but the 3 tiny Allen screws were insufficient to hold them on at any speed - so they kept flying off on the freeway around curves - so I took them off & stored them. Very poorly designed, but looked cool painted - my wife loved them on "her Happy Van"!

I mention this in case you're planning to transfer them to the new wheels, as they may become dangerous projectiles on the freeway. So watch out with those center caps!

GLWTS! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

I appreciate the input and will update the post within the next day or so as to the offset and any other info on the inside of the rim. As for the center caps, I affixed them with lock-tite and they have been there ever since.

Tires have a lot of tread life, however they are older than I would like to admit so they will be dismounted and discarded.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 07:48 AM