Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Up Next: Super Car Sunday, October 8, 2017 Woodland Hills
Maltese Falcon
post Oct 9 2017, 12:43 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Oct 8 2017, 02:23 PM) *

Sorry to those who could not make it out this morning due to mechanical issues or other commitments. Saw a few 914 World Members out there and even some R Gruppe types that Larmo warned us about. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Met up with some PCA friends for the Tuna Canyon drive after and ended up turning right back around as soon as we hit the coast. Decided to move onto the 6th Annual Galpin Auto Show which was really great. Got to meet Rod Emory owner of the 1951 Le Mans winning P-Car that was on display.

A lot of awesome cars were there and a really heavy turn-out. Here are some more pics:

Lawrence hooked me up with some awesome F Truppe stickers and these will be displayed on all 3 of our 914s (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . Might affix one to the 930 turbo as well ! The black 9146 (at Galpin) is a 3.6 owned by our friend Harry W. The 1951 (N°46) LeMans winning 356SL is owned by Cameron Healy and was fully restored to its original condition by master craftsman Rod Emory and his crew. The Porsche museum also has a silver 356SL 1951 LeMans entrant on display in Germany, but the one at the show today crossed the finish line; first in class at LeMans (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Oct 9 2017, 12:53 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

Rock on F-Truppe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
Thank you Lawrence (Larmo63) for this cool bit of our 914 culture !

Attached Image
+Quote Post
buggvert
post Oct 9 2017, 06:06 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 19,363
Region Association: Central California

OK, rub it in. But thanks for the pics of the other show.
Still haven’t figured out what happened Rosie. Took me two hours to get a flatbed come take her home. I’m still really hopeful that will find a bunch of 14er’s to go do a drive together. We have some really nice twisties here in Santa Barbara, and of course, there’s always 192 and 150 out to Ojai. Since we have a “cars and coffee” in Santa Barbara every Sunday, maybe we could figure out what Sunday would be a good one to do it on, get a bunch of 14er’s together there, then drive 192 to 150 and have lunch in Ojai or continue on the 33 to have lunch in Ventura. I guess it’s a relevant at the moment, I’ve got to figure out what the hell is wrong with Rosie.
+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Oct 9 2017, 06:37 PM
Post #44

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Member No.: 20,991
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(buggvert @ Oct 9 2017, 05:06 PM) *

OK, rub it in. But thanks for the pics of the other show.
Still haven’t figured out what happened Rosie. Took me two hours to get a flatbed come take her home. I’m still really hopeful that will find a bunch of 14er’s to go do a drive together. We have some really nice twisties here in Santa Barbara, and of course, there’s always 192 and 150 out to Ojai. Since we have a “cars and coffee” in Santa Barbara every Sunday, maybe we could figure out what Sunday would be a good one to do it on, get a bunch of 14er’s together there, then drive 192 to 150 and have lunch in Ojai or continue on the 33 to have lunch in Ventura. I guess it’s a relevant at the moment, I’ve got to figure out what the hell is wrong with Rosie.

Yikes, didn't realize that you were already on the way, thought that she just wouldn't start. Sorry that happened.

I know that 7TPorsh wanted to organize a run on Angeles Crest Highway or the guys down in Orange County have an event on Nov. 4th that there is now a thread for. Also PCA LA has a run coming up your way this Saturday, but I will be out of town for that one.

I would be interested in heading your way if you can put something together. Hope to see you soon.

+Quote Post
second wind
post Oct 9 2017, 07:47 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 12,543
Region Association: Southern California

Gee guys.....only five or so 914's showed up but a great Porsche turnout nonetheless......from GT3 to perfect 356's.....those cars sure have the nice legroom.....paraded out with one other 914.....gorgeous day to own and drive a Porsche....
gg
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 10:43 PM