Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Affect of mods on resale value
worn
post Aug 21 2017, 02:54 PM
Post #41

can't remember

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

[quote name='bbrock' date='Aug 14 2017, 04:54 PM' post='2517014']
[quote name='Tom_T' post='2516993' date='Aug 14 2017, 06:05 PM']

Anyone have any pics of a reversible side marker delete? I'm having a hard time picturing anything I'd be satisfied with. I forgot to mention one of my twisted arguments for deleting. It IS reversible, you just need a hole saw and drill bit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Lot's to think about. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
[/quote]

I am gonna say it again. I lived through the side marker transition and it saved a lot of lives. If the car is driven at night they make a huge difference in visibility from right angles. Consider that you will be driving through intersections inhabited by very large cars and distracted drivers who may not even recognize a 914 as an automobile. If you only drive by day it makes less difference. I am amazed by how tough the 914s are but consider that even a Macan is twice as massive as the 914.

When I did the six conversion I cut off the motor mounts and sent them to Cary for a restoration of his. No turning back...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Aug 21 2017, 11:46 PM
Post #42

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(worn @ Aug 21 2017, 02:54 PM) *

QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 14 2017, 04:54 PM) *

Anyone have any pics of a reversible side marker delete? I'm having a hard time picturing anything I'd be satisfied with. I forgot to mention one of my twisted arguments for deleting. It IS reversible, you just need a hole saw and drill bit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Lot's to think about. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I am gonna say it again. I lived through the side marker transition and it saved a lot of lives. If the car is driven at night they make a huge difference in visibility from right angles. Consider that you will be driving through intersections inhabited by very large cars and distracted drivers who may not even recognize a 914 as an automobile. If you only drive by day it makes less difference. I am amazed by how tough the 914s are but consider that even a Macan is twice as massive as the 914.

When I did the six conversion I cut off the motor mounts and sent them to Cary for a restoration of his. No turning back...

It's definitely a concern. I'm thinking of experimenting with something like these LED strips mounted to the lip of the wheel well or may the rear edge of the bumper where it wraps around the side. Seems like there should be a way to use these to provide safety in a less obtrusive way than the warts.
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post Aug 22 2017, 03:09 PM
Post #43

It all happens so fast!

Member No.: 1,315
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have Euro blinkers on mine

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Aug 22 2017, 03:45 PM
Post #44

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(iamchappy @ Aug 22 2017, 03:09 PM) *

I have Euro blinkers on mine

Those are cool. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) I looked at some variations on that theme and if I had a wide body, it would be a no-brainer. I'm hoping to avoid putting new holes in the body though. Push comes to shove, I could re-drill the original side marker holes without have to repaint. No question those markers are way better than the stock issue, and to me, they period-correct too. If Porsche had only done that, I doubt we'd ever have this wart debate.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 05:15 AM