Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Shipping Advice, MI to CA
Mike1981
post Aug 15 2017, 02:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,663
Region Association: Southern California

Hello

I have a large box to ship my fiberglass flares in

40x24x24 from MI to CA

20 LBS

UPS wants 270 Owch
FedEx wants 215 Owch

Any suggestions to an alternate source?

Thanks

Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
mb911
post Aug 15 2017, 02:47 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have a business account but only ship a few packages per week and to ship a box 53x18x8 pretty much any where in the us costs me 106 dollars.

I shipped some fiberglass flares within the last year and it cost me about 55 to give you a perspective.
+Quote Post
DM_2000
post Aug 17 2017, 02:35 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,351
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mb911 @ Aug 15 2017, 03:47 PM) *

I have a business account but only ship a few packages per week and to ship a box 53x18x8 pretty much any where in the us costs me 106 dollars.

I shipped some fiberglass flares within the last year and it cost me about 55 to give you a perspective.

Adding to this. If you get an off the street quote from a LTL shipper ( Less Than Truck Load ), they will be 60 % more than anyone really pays so lean on them for better numbers. It helps if you drop off / pickup at a trucking depot.

UPS / Fed Ex does give a business discount but I don't think it is more than 15 % and based on volume.

As a side note, McMaster-Carr is an industrial supply house with warehouses all over the US. UPS places trailers at the warehouses and each trailer goes to a specific larger UPS depot. This way I can order something at 5 PM and have it arrive at 9:30 AM using standard shipping. McC probably gets a huge discount because
UPS does not need to handle incoming packages and outgoing is more or less pre sorted.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:42 PM