Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT,unloved car..., bites my wallet
porschetub
post Aug 16 2017, 11:12 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

Well long story short had a buyer lined up for my 2.7 powered early 944 and my later 89 parts car,I park up the 914 and in my head think the running car will go again but after cranking find the reference and position sensors are faulty, replaced them and got the right result.
Then I lost spark sounds like another 914 story as the ignition switch in the early 944 is a very similar part,all is good after replacement and have spark and injector pulse,progress I think but engine is cranking slow,sometimes firing but @ what appears to be out of order (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) .
End of story have really bad cold compression in 2 cylinders and a nasty ticking Noise on turnover with plugs out and quess what bent valves,not impressed.
Being a 2.7 it has a one year only head on a 3.0 block so the valves are NASA prices because the inlets are huge (48mm).
Wasn't pleased so pulled the cover of the 914 and started it ,made me feel good for a while,so next question an otherwise nice 944 is worth little now....I suspect little ?
I may drink tonight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) .
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Krieger
post Aug 16 2017, 11:38 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,104

Dang! Now two parts cars. Can you make good $ parting it out? Maybe time for a V8 conversion...
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Aug 18 2017, 01:04 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995

QUOTE(Krieger @ Aug 17 2017, 05:38 PM) *

Dang! Now two parts cars. Can you make good $ parting it out? Maybe time for a V8 conversion...

Yep I know would be a great option however I'am in to far to do that,man it is tempting however.
In reality its a car I don't really need or will ever drive much however was fun with MAF tune and free-flow exhaust and the handling of these cars is really rather amazing....oh what the hell will most likely fix cause it was my first Porsche (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) ,I'am silly like that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) .

User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:05 PM