Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Opinions re mid-rise BendPak scissor lift, Flush install
mlindner
post Aug 18 2017, 11:30 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,770
Region Association: Upper MidWest

My cost was only a few hundred for cement and around $60 for a rented cement saw (it was brand new....cut the cement like butter). It took a weekend to cut, remove cement, frame up and pour. Its a great lift....but better yet its the greatest 4 x 8 foot work bench you'll ever have. Mark
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
euro911
post Aug 18 2017, 12:24 PM
Post #22

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

I also have a BendPak mid-rise. It's currently positioned in the driveway near the back of my house, however, if I ever decide to replace the cracked concrete in my garage, I'll probably do the pit and an accessible trench for utilities.

If you're worried about the tile, you could position a couple 2x6 slats on the floor before lifting the car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Aug 18 2017, 05:37 PM
Post #23

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Thanks so much guys. I really appreciate all of the feedback. I contacted a couple other vendors with different lifts and so far the BendPak is in number one position.

Yeah, I will measure my car (next weekend when I get my next "visitation" at Kent's) and make sure I position the pit/lift so it clears everything. I will be trenching to the electrical panel and adding a dedicated circuit just for the lift. If I get the choice of going 220 I will do that. If not, 110 is fine. My 4-post was 110 and worked great-it was a lot heavier too.

I will add a empty 2" conduit pipe that goes in the wall, then in the ground and to the lift just for any possible future stuff I might want there. I know I will be running a dedicated air line to lift to release the locks. So I might also stub out an air fitting in the pit too so I can plug in right there with out having to drag a hose across the floor. I am trying to think of all of this so that I do it right the first time.

The floor with be a PE5 (I think that is how it is rated) grade porcelain. That is the highest grade they have and the best for this type of application. If you have not been to Garage Journal and seen Dakota's thread re his floor, you should check it out https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthr...=porcelain+tile.

Additionally, he has a separate thread all about tiling your garage and what one should know if you go down that road. http://allgaragefloors.com/porcelain-garage-floor-questions/

I gave my contractor the green light to book the job and do it. I hoe he will be able to get to it in the next 30 days.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Aug 18 2017, 06:22 PM
Post #24

I don't know Jack ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

... but there's a video of his nifty garage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/uOuwPyeMJGY
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Aug 18 2017, 09:05 PM
Post #25

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Definitely my inspiration and goal for my lift. I love his 911 too.
+Quote Post
kahluver
post Aug 18 2017, 11:49 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 17,973

Tile works fine if installed correctly. If it's good enough for these guys, it's good enough for me.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/autostoneusa.com-17973-1503121750.1.jpg)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Aug 19 2017, 02:04 AM
Post #27

Tile or not ... would love to have a garage like that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 01:03 AM