Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

> Wiring help- fresh air control panel, are there replacement parts, connectors, wires etc
DRPHIL914
post Aug 18 2017, 07:51 AM
Post #1

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

I was testing my controller connections yesterday as I was trouble shooting why my fan only runs on one speed medium slow lol! , - that's another thread , but suffice it to say that hooking up a completely different controller gave me the exact same result so I believe the issue is in the fresh air fan itself (sucks, because it means I have to remove it!)
anyway I was trying to figure out why the lights don't come on in this unit and it seems to have to do with the bulb sockets and the conectors- one of them almost fell apart in my hand, the small rubber thing that covers the back side of the socket and the connectors just fell apart and the solder connection to several of the sockets were loose too- the only light that came on is the top right fan on light, and it is on and off with wiggling the connector, cant get it to stay on-

obviously I need new tight wiring connections to the bulb sockets- do they make these? and do the have the tiny rubber sleave that covers the back of the socket and the connections?

I HATE WIRING!

Thanks for the help
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 8)
DRPHIL914
post Aug 18 2017, 08:05 AM
Post #2

Dr. Phil

Admin- please move to the garage- posted in wrong forum--

although I may need a new Fresh air fan that has been bench tested and verified it works on all 3 settings.

Thanks
+Quote Post
euro911
post Aug 18 2017, 09:45 AM
Post #3

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Mine only runs on one speed as well, Phil. I remember reading a thread where someone documented a repair session. IIRC, there are three resistors at the motor wiring connection point that reduce the speed as they're switched by the control lever.

Originally, I was going to remove my fan assembly and check/replace the resistors as needed, just haven't gotten around to it yet. A couple years ago, I ended up purchasing a fan assembly from another member who stated all three speeds worked. I'll test it before attempting to install it, then attempt to repair the original one to keep as a spare, or possibly offer up in the classifieds.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Aug 18 2017, 10:25 AM
Post #4

Dr. Phil

Mark, Thanks for the help -
that is one issue the other is the light connections, those small bulbs and their connections. - I can live without it and have for 8 years but id like to make them work. I have another fan and housing so I wll probably test that one , if 3 speeds work, replace it- I had this out when I pulled the tank for fuel pump and filter 2 years ago, I should have sorted it out then!

+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Aug 18 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #5

Dr. Phil

success!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Aug 18 2017, 06:25 PM
Post #6

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

So what all did you have to do?
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Aug 18 2017, 06:38 PM
Post #7

Dr. Phil

soldered one connector, got brand new bulbs from the local flaps. i still have one issue, if its not on the middle setting(only one that works) it trips the fuse if left on low or high for more than a few seconds- rhe short must be in the fan resistors so im going to have to pull out that fan for a full fix, i am hoping the other fan works!
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Aug 18 2017, 06:42 PM
Post #8

Dr. Phil

super bright led makes dirct replacement bulbs for these as well
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Aug 18 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #9

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

You will have to take the slide assembly out to check the contacts properly. I am guessing you have melted plastic on the slider track.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 02:00 PM