Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring help- fresh air control panel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DRPHIL914
I was testing my controller connections yesterday as I was trouble shooting why my fan only runs on one speed medium slow lol! , - that's another thread , but suffice it to say that hooking up a completely different controller gave me the exact same result so I believe the issue is in the fresh air fan itself (sucks, because it means I have to remove it!)
anyway I was trying to figure out why the lights don't come on in this unit and it seems to have to do with the bulb sockets and the conectors- one of them almost fell apart in my hand, the small rubber thing that covers the back side of the socket and the connectors just fell apart and the solder connection to several of the sockets were loose too- the only light that came on is the top right fan on light, and it is on and off with wiggling the connector, cant get it to stay on-

obviously I need new tight wiring connections to the bulb sockets- do they make these? and do the have the tiny rubber sleave that covers the back of the socket and the connections?

I HATE WIRING!

Thanks for the help
DRPHIL914
Admin- please move to the garage- posted in wrong forum--

although I may need a new Fresh air fan that has been bench tested and verified it works on all 3 settings.

Thanks
euro911
Mine only runs on one speed as well, Phil. I remember reading a thread where someone documented a repair session. IIRC, there are three resistors at the motor wiring connection point that reduce the speed as they're switched by the control lever.

Originally, I was going to remove my fan assembly and check/replace the resistors as needed, just haven't gotten around to it yet. A couple years ago, I ended up purchasing a fan assembly from another member who stated all three speeds worked. I'll test it before attempting to install it, then attempt to repair the original one to keep as a spare, or possibly offer up in the classifieds.
DRPHIL914
Mark, Thanks for the help -
that is one issue the other is the light connections, those small bulbs and their connections. - I can live without it and have for 8 years but id like to make them work. I have another fan and housing so I wll probably test that one , if 3 speeds work, replace it- I had this out when I pulled the tank for fuel pump and filter 2 years ago, I should have sorted it out then!

DRPHIL914
success!
euro911
So what all did you have to do?
DRPHIL914
soldered one connector, got brand new bulbs from the local flaps. i still have one issue, if its not on the middle setting(only one that works) it trips the fuse if left on low or high for more than a few seconds- rhe short must be in the fan resistors so im going to have to pull out that fan for a full fix, i am hoping the other fan works!
DRPHIL914
super bright led makes dirct replacement bulbs for these as well
914Sixer
You will have to take the slide assembly out to check the contacts properly. I am guessing you have melted plastic on the slider track.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.