Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A huge thank you to Paul Brun
boxstr
post May 18 2005, 09:30 PM
Post #1

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Group: Members
Member No.: 12
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

This is what this place is all about.

Paul Brun (914 Novice) went beyond what I would say is a huge favor.Some of you may remember when I tried to get a pair of bumpers off craigslist and the seller flaked after about four months and finally sent the money back.

When the seller relisted them on craigslist, I posted it on the club site. Paul actually called and asked if I would like him to get them bumpers for me and I could then send him a check and he would get the bumpers to me. So he bought the bumpers, held on to them for me and, when I missed picking them up in SJ at the WCC Gilroy gathering, he has taken the time to box them and is mailing them to me.

This is from someone I have never met, I wouldn't know him from Adam. But he has the spirit of what the 914 club and the people who hang out here are about.

Thank you Paul Brun.
CCLINWHATGOESAROUNDCOMESAROUND
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
double-a
post May 18 2005, 10:03 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,162
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif)

way to go paul, thanks for helping make this the greatest 914 forum... ever!

~a
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 19 2005, 08:09 AM
Post #3

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

it's a thing of beauty when you can go to the bullpen and the closer gets the save. the game ball to paul. nice job!!!

k
+Quote Post
plas76targa
post May 19 2005, 11:52 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,700
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

[forgive me if this is incorrect, I could have looked..]

...Craig didn't you mention in that earlier post that Paul Brun doesn't even own a 914 (yet)? Where's the bucket of Gatoraid for this guy! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif)

+Quote Post
914 novice
post May 19 2005, 06:40 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,391

Craig,
Thank you for the kind words.
Yes it 's true that I haven't purchased a car yet and the probability of me being able to get one any time soon is looking bleak.When I had the money I was waiting to make sure that I could find a good deal.Then as life has a way of doing some things came up and I needed to use some of the money for other things.Then when i was trying to swing a deal to get a car with the help of Skline I got bad news from the dentist that I needed $1500 worth of dental work that my insurance won't cover.I checked into the procedures they wanted to do and had decided to wait and see if things would improve if I did some less costly procedures.So I started getting stoked about looking for a car again when my wife came home with the good news that her company is restructuring and she will have to reapply for her job.
I suppose that I am actually very fortunate because I might really need that money just to pay bills if things do not go as expected at her work.
I mostly lurk here because I just don't have the knowledge to be able to add anything of value to most of the threads,but was looking forward to asking a bunch of stupid question that had all been answered before but I was too lazy to do a search for (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif) .
I still really enjoy this site and the people in it.I have briefly met a few of you at a couple of ax's and I hope to be able to meet more .
Until I am able to buy my own car I would love the opportunity to ruin ... ah help work on someone elses car that lives close by or just check out your car and b.s.
Cheers ,Paul
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 06:02 AM