Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A huge thank you to Paul Brun
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
This is what this place is all about.

Paul Brun (914 Novice) went beyond what I would say is a huge favor.Some of you may remember when I tried to get a pair of bumpers off craigslist and the seller flaked after about four months and finally sent the money back.

When the seller relisted them on craigslist, I posted it on the club site. Paul actually called and asked if I would like him to get them bumpers for me and I could then send him a check and he would get the bumpers to me. So he bought the bumpers, held on to them for me and, when I missed picking them up in SJ at the WCC Gilroy gathering, he has taken the time to box them and is mailing them to me.

This is from someone I have never met, I wouldn't know him from Adam. But he has the spirit of what the 914 club and the people who hang out here are about.

Thank you Paul Brun.
CCLINWHATGOESAROUNDCOMESAROUND
double-a
smilie_pokal.gif

way to go paul, thanks for helping make this the greatest 914 forum... ever!

~a
rhodyguy
it's a thing of beauty when you can go to the bullpen and the closer gets the save. the game ball to paul. nice job!!!

k
plas76targa
[forgive me if this is incorrect, I could have looked..]

...Craig didn't you mention in that earlier post that Paul Brun doesn't even own a 914 (yet)? Where's the bucket of Gatoraid for this guy! smilie_pokal.gif

914 novice
Craig,
Thank you for the kind words.
Yes it 's true that I haven't purchased a car yet and the probability of me being able to get one any time soon is looking bleak.When I had the money I was waiting to make sure that I could find a good deal.Then as life has a way of doing some things came up and I needed to use some of the money for other things.Then when i was trying to swing a deal to get a car with the help of Skline I got bad news from the dentist that I needed $1500 worth of dental work that my insurance won't cover.I checked into the procedures they wanted to do and had decided to wait and see if things would improve if I did some less costly procedures.So I started getting stoked about looking for a car again when my wife came home with the good news that her company is restructuring and she will have to reapply for her job.
I suppose that I am actually very fortunate because I might really need that money just to pay bills if things do not go as expected at her work.
I mostly lurk here because I just don't have the knowledge to be able to add anything of value to most of the threads,but was looking forward to asking a bunch of stupid question that had all been answered before but I was too lazy to do a search for biggrin.gif .
I still really enjoy this site and the people in it.I have briefly met a few of you at a couple of ax's and I hope to be able to meet more .
Until I am able to buy my own car I would love the opportunity to ruin ... ah help work on someone elses car that lives close by or just check out your car and b.s.
Cheers ,Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.