Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Electrical installation questions, Various issues under one thread
JFG
post Sep 16 2017, 04:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,869
Region Association: None

I'm now in a position to test the electricals on my car. It came with many things missing & broken.

I'm running twin carbs so there'll be no injection specific issues with electrics.

To start I have the following;

Wiring up the reverse light switch. I have used separate bullet connectors (part of the missing category) but I don't know if there is a right/wrong way to insert them. For example, is there a way to look on the switch to see which is live/earth?

There are 2 gauges where the lights don't illuminate. The rev counter and the multi gauge. The Speedo lights up fine. Bulbs and sockets are all new.

When I turn the ignition on the passenger side headlight opens up halfway, does not illuminate until I pull the light switch and does not raise or lower from this position.

Finally (for now) I only have one movement on the wiper switch. This came with the ignition cowl as a once piece lot.

I'll post some pictures shortly.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 05:59 AM