Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PMB delivery times, when do I start panicing?
914_teener
post Sep 28 2017, 06:38 PM
Post #41

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

oh....yea...that reminds me.

I am putting my GB buy in now....gotta put up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Calwaterbear
post Sep 28 2017, 08:11 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 18,123
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 28 2017, 03:16 PM) *

Who are you?

Ok... just dug in. You must be Carl Johansen?

We sent you invoices every 2-3 days requesting payment (7x in one month). Numerous phone calls too I'm told (back in July)

Here's your invoice email log...

We tried. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Eric,
I assume I spoke with you this morning, and I appreciate your help. I can however tell you that I never recieved a call. correction, I did recieve a call in response to my call early on, regarding if I should send in a second pair of calipers of a late model, and also to correct a wrong zipcode, both of those calls happened in May to the best of my recollection. . so I'm not sure who told you multiple calls, or if they actually- refering to those calls, but I never recieved a call in regards to the invoice. . I can also tell you, and your log confirms that you were not sending invoices every 2-3 days - read your own log. according to my email: May 9, June 6th & 9th, July 9th & 13, and Aug 11. how is thay 7 in a month? or every 2 or 3 days?

part of the problem was I was out of the country for a significant portion of the time, I have a research project based in Brazil that requires alot of my time.

I have already freely admitted I did not pay the invoice until sept 14th. And as you confirmed on the phone, this morning for whatever reason, after payment, the calipers had never been mailed out.

People are right, I should have called - which I did , but could not reach anyone because of hours, so I simply came to the forum to get some info on others and the time that had expired between payment and delivery. If my experience was normal, I would not have called. But it became apparent something was wrong, so I was able to call you today!

I understand I will get crucified by some members here, but lets make sure if you say several phone calls were made, and invoices were emailed every 2 or 3 days - lets make sure that actually matches up to what happened here! right? isn't that fair?

thank you,
and let the flaming begin. if anyone wants my personal phone number to call me up and personally cuss me out and tell me I'm a scum bag, just PM me, I'll send it to you. or I'm sure Eric will provide that info for you to continue your stompfest!

Paid for the work, didn't recieve the product, wondered why, and what was standard practice, thankfully Eric solved the mystery, in the meantime, I get pursued and shouted down by an angry mob - interesting!
+Quote Post
Calwaterbear
post Sep 28 2017, 08:39 PM
Post #43

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 28 2017, 04:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 28 2017, 05:05 PM) *

Ok, on the flip side, the vendor shouldn't be doing this ^^ in public either.

What's wrong with showing how many times we sent the invoice?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I have no problem with you showing the log. The problem I have is it does not match up with your narative. There is no evidence at all that you sent invoices every 2 or 3 days - in fact, it pretty much proves that statement is complete BS.

And thankfully, you yourself provide the evidence that in fact, your statement is incorrect.

+Quote Post
Calwaterbear
post Sep 28 2017, 08:43 PM
Post #44

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 28 2017, 04:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 28 2017, 04:17 PM) *
What's wrong with showing how many times we sent the invoice?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Who needs facts when you can just make up stuff?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

right, so please compare the invoice log with Erics narrative. because apparently, I am misreading it. I can't for the life of me see any evidence of invoices being set out every 2-3 days, or 7 times in a month. can you please show me how I am missing that?
+Quote Post
Calwaterbear
post Sep 28 2017, 08:48 PM
Post #45

QUOTE(914_teener @ Sep 28 2017, 05:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 28 2017, 05:31 PM) *

I've been in exactly this situation. It's really easy to go WTF where is my stuff, but transposed numbers in a email contact we received means you are not getting our contact attempts. We don't have a phone number so we have to wait until you contact us. A vendor will not hold it against you to check up on where we are at on something. In fact some people that have done this are WAY too patient, like 6-8 weeks.

A straight forward answer can usually be obtained quickly with a call. Especially with a reputable vendor.

Yea Mark but jeez...

He hasn't even paid for it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Either it is laziness or BS.

It proves that the spoken word is not the same as the written word....especially on the internet. I love this site but jeez come on.

you didn't bother to read the thread right? the calipers were paid for sept 14th. so I assume thats where you are confused? you think i'm not paying, and bitching?

to bring you up to speed, the calipers were paid for 2 weeks ago. and according to mark, somehow they never got mailed out, until I called today. I appreciated Erics help in tracking down the issues, and getting the oversight corrected, so my calipers are on my way.
+Quote Post
injunmort
post Sep 28 2017, 08:52 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 11,604
Region Association: North East States

wow, did the pope send you guys? an awful lot of absolution going around. a member asks a legitimate question about turnaround, no aspersions cast, for a service he contracted for and gets flamed for asking " what is a reasonable time iby the board or adinstrators concenus?'. legitimate question regardless of contract. misunderstandings and miscommunications happen, we are all human. i ponder why ( no disrespect to pmb) why one vendor gets so much lattitude to failures of performance and other vendors like autoatlanta gets flamed? is this business or personal?
+Quote Post
wndsnd
post Sep 28 2017, 08:52 PM
Post #47

You wanted a horse, but got a goat. Nobody wants a goat....

Member No.: 14,124
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 28 2017, 05:00 PM) *

Zach is never a Dick.

There is one one true Dick here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
mb911
post Sep 28 2017, 09:02 PM
Post #48

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Valid question from poster =check
Valid response from Eric=check
Time to move on and let this be handled by the 2 direct party's=check..

+Quote Post
mepstein
post Sep 28 2017, 09:04 PM
Post #49

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Mistakes happen. God knows I make more than most. It’s a 914 forum. Let’s move on guys.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Sep 28 2017, 09:08 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

Attached Image
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Sep 28 2017, 10:25 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 29 2017, 12:12 PM) *

Simply admit you approached this issue incorrectly, learn from it and move on. Stop trying to justify your actions, it is not productive. All of us, me included, have bought a lot of "stuff" for our cars from Eric. I have met him personally and he is a great guy. The first rule in business, is when you have a problem, call and speak with them directly. That will resolve 95% of all issues. OK, back to your regular programming now. Cheers, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) ,Micheal,what a time waster,he needed to bleat and got shot down (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) .
Yes lets park this one up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) .
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Sep 29 2017, 08:20 AM
Post #52

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ Sep 28 2017, 08:11 PM) *

and your log confirms that you were not sending invoices every 2-3 days - read your own log. according to my email: May 9, June 6th & 9th, July 9th & 13, and Aug 11. how is thay 7 in a month? or every 2 or 3 days?

May 9 - Received

Following month, issues with sending in cores for partial payment. A bit of back and forth I'm being told.

June 6 - Complete
June 9th - 3 days
June 13th - 3 days (weekend in there)
June 16 - 3 days

Gave it a rest for a while, figuring you were on vacation.

July 6th
July 8th - 2 days (viewed on that day but didn't contact or pay until September)
July 10th - 2 days (viewed again, didn't pay for another two months)
July 13th - 3 days

Gave it another rest...

August 11th - started up again.

For the record, there's no malice, I'm not attacking you as you appear to be toward me. I'll stand by my 2-3 day statement.

I could have easily started a "Carl Johanson Response Times... when should I be Panicing?" thread here and asked if anyone knew your whereabouts because we'd been trying to get in touch with you about your order for 4 months...

I tend to agree with the others though, this thread is kinda weird, especially in the face of you reviewing the invoice back at the beginning of July, knowing at that time we were requesting payment and your order had been done.

Oh well... such is life. Carry on, I'll be exiting stage left here. I have way too much shit to do to partake in any more Internet drama. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
jmalone
post Sep 29 2017, 10:40 AM
Post #53

Member No.: 10,529
Region Association: Northern California

So lots of drama... Carl I think that responses to your original post illustrate the respect that 914 owners ( Ferrari owners as well ) have for Eric and PMB. His workmanship and products are incredible. On top of that he shares his wealth of knowledge and supplies the parts we need if we wish to do the job ourselves.

My experience includes him responding in detail to my questions regarding suspension set-up, having him rebuild my calipers and supplying parts and info to assist me in rebuilding calipers. and overall assisting me in getting my car working well. This tempest illustrates line is that Eric has built up an incredible amount of respect and goodwill that Eric and PMB have built uo.

The bright side is that you will love your calipers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Sep 29 2017, 10:48 AM
Post #54

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

QUOTE(injunmort @ Sep 28 2017, 07:52 PM) *
i ponder why ( no disrespect to pmb) why one vendor gets so much lattitude to failures of performance and other vendors like autoatlanta gets flamed? is this business or personal?

I think at this point it's pretty clear why people reacted the way they did and why most of us wouldn't even think about comparing PMB to AA.

Also worth noting that if you go and read some of the threads about AA, there's always people that have positive dealings to report.

It just seems like the drama is what sticks in peoples heads, nobody remembers positive news.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
matthepcat
post Sep 29 2017, 11:11 AM
Post #55

Meat Popsicle

Member No.: 11,125

PMB Rocks.
Saved my ass in the past more than once (embarrassingly for me) when I was new to 914's. I know they care about us guys slaving away in the garage to do it our-self.
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Sep 29 2017, 01:23 PM
Post #56

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 29 2017, 09:48 AM) *

QUOTE(injunmort @ Sep 28 2017, 07:52 PM) *
i ponder why ( no disrespect to pmb) why one vendor gets so much lattitude to failures of performance and other vendors like autoatlanta gets flamed? is this business or personal?

I think at this point it's pretty clear why people reacted the way they did and why most of us wouldn't even think about comparing PMB to AA.

Also worth noting that if you go and read some of the threads about AA, there's always people that have positive dealings to report.

It just seems like the drama is what sticks in peoples heads, nobody remembers positive news.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

.....well what I think happens is that the OP is trying to create a narrative that is news that is not necessarily true.

That is what creates the drama and then whatver is true doesn.t matter.
+Quote Post
Calwaterbear
post Sep 30 2017, 09:37 AM
Post #57

real simple Eric and your minions:
frst - the core question: who is it that did not send out the calipers?

so now the short story version

1. Payment sent -
no communication other than reciept of payment.

2. 2 weeks later, no calipers, no communication - I ask people here what kind of response time to expect - I'm told 2-3 days very prompt

so i deduce somethings wrong

I call -

your reponse
OOPs. somehow it slipped through the cracks, It will be sent out immediately!

Thats it, thats all I wanted, my calipers.

unfortunately I made the mistake of publically revealing you screwed up
and now you and a bunch of your buddies are a week into trying to hammer me.

and the best part is you and many others here figure if you shout loud enough and disparage me, somehow YOUR PROBLEM goes away!

Not delivering? Eric - thats your problem, no matter how you spin it - thats on you and your company.

I'll continue this debate as long as YOU see fit. But I will always bring it back to the facts.

fire away guys, lets keep this "PBM screwed up, so now they are trying to shout down the guy that made that inconvienient truth public! " thread going - and at the top of the list in the forum!

have a nice day, I look forward to long conversations aboutr how you guys justify not delivering!

BTW - nice try Eric, no way is that stuff listed below "7 times per month and 2-3 times per week" - no matter how you try to justify your public posting, the evidence YOU provide shows you made false statements - you own that -

I forget - who is it that did not send out the calipers?
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 29 2017, 07:20 AM) *

QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ Sep 28 2017, 08:11 PM) *

and your log confirms that you were not sending invoices every 2-3 days - read your own log. according to my email: May 9, June 6th & 9th, July 9th & 13, and Aug 11. how is thay 7 in a month? or every 2 or 3 days?

May 9 - Received

Following month, issues with sending in cores for partial payment. A bit of back and forth I'm being told.

June 6 - Complete
June 9th - 3 days
June 13th - 3 days (weekend in there)
June 16 - 3 days

Gave it a rest for a while, figuring you were on vacation.

July 6th
July 8th - 2 days (viewed on that day but didn't contact or pay until September)
July 10th - 2 days (viewed again, didn't pay for another two months)
July 13th - 3 days

Gave it another rest...

August 11th - started up again.

For the record, there's no malice, I'm not attacking you as you appear to be toward me. I'll stand by my 2-3 day statement.

I could have easily started a "Carl Johanson Response Times... when should I be Panicing?" thread here and asked if anyone knew your whereabouts because we'd been trying to get in touch with you about your order for 4 months...

I tend to agree with the others though, this thread is kinda weird, especially in the face of you reviewing the invoice back at the beginning of July, knowing at that time we were requesting payment and your order had been done.

Oh well... such is life. Carry on, I'll be exiting stage left here. I have way too much shit to do to partake in any more Internet drama. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
Calwaterbear
post Sep 30 2017, 09:48 AM
Post #58

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 29 2017, 07:20 AM) *

stuff cut out

stuff cut out

As i have stated a couple of times Eric, I spend considerable time working outside the country. so if the calipers would have been delivered in july and early august - one of 2 things would have happened - either the package would have been returned to you after a week or 10 days, or it would have sat on my front porch for a month. seemed to me the best option was to wait till i was back in the USA, so I could pick up the package -
sorry if my job requirements don't meet your approval

BTW since apparently you think it is some sort of internet intimidation tool to publically name me - first and last name - the least you could do is make it easier on the stalkers and spell my name correctly, so far you have made 2 attempts, and neither are correct. So you probably need to make sure you spell it correctly next time - help out those looking to stalk and shame me!
+Quote Post
altitude411
post Sep 30 2017, 10:55 AM
Post #59

I drove my 6 into a tree

Member No.: 17,932
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

''fire away guys, lets keep this "PBM screwed up, so now they are trying to shout down the guy that made that inconvienient truth public! " thread going - and at the top of the list in the forum! ''

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Calwaterbear
post Sep 30 2017, 11:00 AM
Post #60

QUOTE(altitude411 @ Sep 30 2017, 09:55 AM) *

''fire away guys, lets keep this "PBM screwed up, so now they are trying to shout down the guy that made that inconvienient truth public! " thread going - and at the top of the list in the forum! ''

Attached Image

Thanks,
I appreciate your help, and your contribution!
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:57 AM