Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PMB delivery times
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Calwaterbear
OK so I paid and recieved confirmation of payment on Sept 14th (for rebuilding my 2 front calipers. So here we sit 2 weeks out, and I havent seen or heard anything. At what point should I give em a call and see whats up?
Dion
Hang tight. Are they normal calipers? The more exotic ones can take up to 4-6 weeks.
From what I understand they rely on outside sources for plating and such. So that’s a time factor. PMB is a stand up outfit.
Don’t panic. Just could be a one off lazy postal worker too.
Rand
At what point should I give em a call and see whats up?

Um, definitely before posting here. blink.gif
porschetub
agree.gif that's not long @ all,why post on here when you can contact,I've used this forum once for the same reason but that was a six week wait from a seller on here.
You are kinda out of line really sorry.
mepstein
If they didn’t have a set sitting on the shelf, it’s going to take a bit of time to have cleaned, plated, built, shipped.

I owe pmb a set of core calipers and it’s taken me more than 2 weeks to return. confused24.gif
Cracker
Oh yeah! You've done been screwed...they went out of business last week! biggrin.gif

Tony

Seriously! Give it a little time...here are how my calipers came back this Summer. They do excellent work! The wait will be worth it...

Click to view attachment
BeatNavy
Send them an email. I ordered strut inserts a few weeks ago (maybe late on a Friday or even on a Saturday) and didn't hear anything for about two weeks. I shot them an email and they responded immediately. They had just missed it in their fulfillment process somehow, and they got them out priority mail the next day at no extra cost. Small mistake, but they more than made up for it.

Let 'em know. If something fell through the cracks, they'll make it right.
Calwaterbear
Judging from the replies, I guess I need a bit more explaination. I sent in my calipers, along with a second set in May. I admit I didnt see the first couple of invoices (In My defense I was out of the country) , so I paid it this month on the 14th. So I guess my assumption was once they had finished the rebuild - they sent out the invoice? Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they don't start working on them till they recieve payment?

I have no idea, I was just getting antsy because they have had the calipers for 4 months.

Not looking to Trash PMB by any means, I know they are a first class outfit. And I will call them when they open tommorrow, but i figured I could check here first, didn't know I was in for an anal aperture mastication!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 27 2017, 05:46 PM) *
Oh yeah! You've done been screwed...they went out of business last week! biggrin.gif

slap.gif
Calwaterbear
QUOTE(porschetub @ Sep 27 2017, 05:04 PM) *

agree.gif that's not long @ all,why post on here when you can contact,I've used this forum once for the same reason but that was a six week wait from a seller on here.
You are kinda out of line really sorry.

As I said , I didn't give complete info, thats on me. They have had the calipers since mid May, I didn't just send em in. I assumed me getting an invoice meant they were finished, and ready to ship.

Thats why I was asking, been a couple of weeks since I settled up, no notice or sign of the calipers. I'll call em in the morning to get clarification.
raynekat
Lots of time they send out an "invoice" just so you know what it's gonna cost in the end when they're finished.
Call them.
They are quite friendly and will give you all the info you need.
GeorgeRud
I know Eric's been away from the office for a bit, but they'll do right by you. If you don't hear, give them a call to be sure.
Socalandy
Absolutely no need to panic, reach out to them for an update
colingreene
Posts a thread before calling/emailing.
Weird world we live in.
914_teener
QUOTE(colingreene @ Sep 27 2017, 08:08 PM) *

Posts a thread before calling/emailing.
Weird world we live in.

agree.gif
burton73
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 27 2017, 06:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 27 2017, 05:46 PM) *

slap.gif

sheeplove.gif agree.gif

Bob B

KELTY360
QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ Sep 27 2017, 04:41 PM) *

At what point should I give em a call and see whats up?

screwy.gif Why would you even ask? Haven't you ever done a followup on an order? Just pick up the damn phone!
Mikey914
Eric is a good guy, if there is a hold up I'm sure there's a good reason. Just know that he will always do the right thing, I trust him with my rebuilds, and sometimes it takes awhile, but there is none better.
Drop him a call I'm sure he's got you covered.
Calwaterbear
and I'm still getting trashed. I get it, pick up the phone.
I guess I took their website to litterally!

" We are a small high end restoration shop. While we love to chat about old cars and cool calipers, our time is limited. With that said; If you receive a tracking notice that states your calipers have arrived, please do not call us and ask us if your calipers have arrived (yes, this happens 6-8 times per day)... Rest assured, your calipers have arrived."

so i kind of took them at their word, really didn't want to bother them unless i became convinced there was an issue.

So, I was asking for time frames to see if a 4 month time frame was normal? and if anyone knew about billing verses work completion practices in their shop.

Thats all, just that simple.
burton73
QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ Sep 28 2017, 09:08 AM) *

and I'm still getting trashed. I get it, pick up the phone.
I guess I took their website to litterally!

" We are a small high end restoration shop. While we love to chat about old cars and cool calipers, our time is limited. With that said; If you receive a tracking notice that states your calipers have arrived, please do not call us and ask us if your calipers have arrived (yes, this happens 6-8 times per day)... Rest assured, your calipers have arrived."

so i kind of took them at their word, really didn't want to bother them unless i became convinced there was an issue.

So, I was asking for time frames to see if a 4 month time frame was normal? and if anyone knew about billing verses work completion practices in their shop.

Thats all, just that simple.

For me, I am billed after the work was finished and ready to ship. I have not had any problems. So PMB has done a few cars of mine. 76 914, 86 Carrera, 70 914-6 that I got the brakes from after a lot of work and they are doing my 6 #41 as we speak.

Bob B
Cracker
You got to have thick skin around here pal...I chose to handle your issue with "humor" but when you raise question(s) about PMB/Eric around here - be ready. Many around here will have his back no matter the deal/facts (just sayin'). PMB is unparalleled in the quality of brake restorations...hang tight and you will be alright.

Tony

QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ Sep 28 2017, 12:08 PM) *

and I'm still getting trashed...
VaccaRabite
No to be too much of a dick, but...

If you wanted a pat on the back, you came to the wrong barn kiddo.
Many of us are running PMB on our cars. Some of us, me included, buy his stuff on spec - before we even have a running car to put it on. PMB hits Porsche events on both coasts, and he lives in the middle. His customer service is second to none.

Seriously, all you had to do was call. Or email. Or send him a PM on this board.

And yeah, this is me trying not to be a dick right now.

Zach
LowBridge
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 28 2017, 01:31 PM) *

Many of us are running PMB on our cars. Some of us, me included, buy his stuff on spec - before we even have a running car to put it on. PMB hits Porsche events on both coasts, and he lives in the middle. His customer service is second to none.

Seriously, all you had to do was call. Or email. Or send him a PM on this board.

Zach

agree.gif
Calwaterbear
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 28 2017, 10:31 AM) *

Zach

once again: Never questioned PMB quality or reputation. I already knew that - thats why i sent him my calipers to be rebuilt (in May)
so:
check out the time of my original post: Right - so they were closed. this morning, still closed, and by the time they opened, I was elbow deep in DNA.

not sure why you think I wanted a "pat on the back" what I really wanted was information on when PMB billed! Fortunately Bob B was nice enough to provide me with the exact info I was asking for: ie, they bill him after the work was done.

so once i knerw that, (thanks to the forum) then I knew there must be a problem!

Finally reached em a couple of hours ago - and guess what? calipers were finished - hurrah!! but for some unexplained reason they had been sitting there, never got mailed out.

They now have them on the way.

never questioned PBMs quality of work or reputation, all i was trying to do was get information from someone who kew - Thanks Bob! That directed my actions! just like how a forum is supposed to work - IMHO, guys in the know providing info to guys trying to learn or figure it out!

Please feel free to keep on trashing me, I have no problem with that - as long as it makes you feel better - go for it!
Rand
I don't think anyone here intended to trash on you. A couple takeaways:
1. Always go directly to the person/vendor in question before starting a public thread.
2. Embrace the flack rather than let it get to you. It's part of the shop culture. smile.gif

Glad it's all working out. Looking forward to seeing your car with the new binders.
r_towle
Zach is never a Dick.
Rand
He said he wasn't too much of one. Good thing size doesn't matter. poke.gif
Eric_Shea
Who are you?

Ok... just dug in. You must be Carl Johansen?

We sent you invoices every 2-3 days requesting payment (7x in one month). Numerous phone calls too I'm told (back in July)

Here's your invoice email log...

Click to view attachment

We tried. biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
914_teener
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 28 2017, 03:16 PM) *

Who are you?

We sent you invoices every 2-3 days requesting payment (7x in one month). Numerous phone calls too I'm told (back in July)

Click to view attachment

We tried. biggrin.gif

Still struggling to understand what an invoice is so he needs help from us to inform what that means.

Rand
Ok, on the flip side, the vendor shouldn't be doing this ^^ in public either.
Cairo94507
Simply admit you approached this issue incorrectly, learn from it and move on. Stop trying to justify your actions, it is not productive. All of us, me included, have bought a lot of "stuff" for our cars from Eric. I have met him personally and he is a great guy. The first rule in business, is when you have a problem, call and speak with them directly. That will resolve 95% of all issues. OK, back to your regular programming now. Cheers, beerchug.gif
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 28 2017, 05:05 PM) *

What's wrong with showing how many times we sent the invoice?? WTF.gif confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 28 2017, 04:17 PM) *
What's wrong with showing how many times we sent the invoice?? WTF.gif confused24.gif

Who needs facts when you can just make up stuff?
confused24.gif
Rand
See how that works Cal? Smite me in my shiney metal ass.
Cracker
Rand - I will never get those three minutes back - ever. Shame on you. shades.gif

BTW: I see no issue in PMB sharing and email attempt history...especially so within the context of this thread. Eh?

Tony
Rand
QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 28 2017, 04:59 PM) *

Rand - I will never get those three minutes back - ever. Shame on you. shades.gif

BTW: I see no issue in PMB sharing and email attempt history...especially so within the context of this thread. Eh?

Tony

Who is this now? Something about a reverend or some such. Oof, we gotta stop this. Love ya Tony.

Mikey914
I've been in exactly this situation. It's really easy to go WTF where is my stuff, but transposed numbers in a email contact we received means you are not getting our contact attempts. We don't have a phone number so we have to wait until you contact us. A vendor will not hold it against you to check up on where we are at on something. In fact some people that have done this are WAY too patient, like 6-8 weeks.

A straight forward answer can usually be obtained quickly with a call. Especially with a reputable vendor.

914_teener
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 28 2017, 05:31 PM) *

I've been in exactly this situation. It's really easy to go WTF where is my stuff, but transposed numbers in a email contact we received means you are not getting our contact attempts. We don't have a phone number so we have to wait until you contact us. A vendor will not hold it against you to check up on where we are at on something. In fact some people that have done this are WAY too patient, like 6-8 weeks.

A straight forward answer can usually be obtained quickly with a call. Especially with a reputable vendor.

Yea Mark but jeez...

He hasn't even paid for it! confused24.gif

Either it is laziness or BS.

It proves that the spoken word is not the same as the written word....especially on the internet. I love this site but jeez come on.
914_teener
oh....yea...that reminds me.

I am putting my GB buy in now....gotta put up beerchug.gif
Calwaterbear
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 28 2017, 03:16 PM) *

Who are you?

Click to view attachment

We tried. biggrin.gif

Eric,
I assume I spoke with you this morning, and I appreciate your help. I can however tell you that I never recieved a call. correction, I did recieve a call in response to my call early on, regarding if I should send in a second pair of calipers of a late model, and also to correct a wrong zipcode, both of those calls happened in May to the best of my recollection. . so I'm not sure who told you multiple calls, or if they actually- refering to those calls, but I never recieved a call in regards to the invoice. . I can also tell you, and your log confirms that you were not sending invoices every 2-3 days - read your own log. according to my email: May 9, June 6th & 9th, July 9th & 13, and Aug 11. how is thay 7 in a month? or every 2 or 3 days?

part of the problem was I was out of the country for a significant portion of the time, I have a research project based in Brazil that requires alot of my time.

I have already freely admitted I did not pay the invoice until sept 14th. And as you confirmed on the phone, this morning for whatever reason, after payment, the calipers had never been mailed out.

People are right, I should have called - which I did , but could not reach anyone because of hours, so I simply came to the forum to get some info on others and the time that had expired between payment and delivery. If my experience was normal, I would not have called. But it became apparent something was wrong, so I was able to call you today!

I understand I will get crucified by some members here, but lets make sure if you say several phone calls were made, and invoices were emailed every 2 or 3 days - lets make sure that actually matches up to what happened here! right? isn't that fair?

thank you,
and let the flaming begin. if anyone wants my personal phone number to call me up and personally cuss me out and tell me I'm a scum bag, just PM me, I'll send it to you. or I'm sure Eric will provide that info for you to continue your stompfest!

Paid for the work, didn't recieve the product, wondered why, and what was standard practice, thankfully Eric solved the mystery, in the meantime, I get pursued and shouted down by an angry mob - interesting!
Calwaterbear

QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 28 2017, 05:05 PM) *

I have no problem with you showing the log. The problem I have is it does not match up with your narative. There is no evidence at all that you sent invoices every 2 or 3 days - in fact, it pretty much proves that statement is complete BS.

And thankfully, you yourself provide the evidence that in fact, your statement is incorrect.

Calwaterbear
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 28 2017, 04:22 PM) *

Who needs facts when you can just make up stuff?
confused24.gif

right, so please compare the invoice log with Erics narrative. because apparently, I am misreading it. I can't for the life of me see any evidence of invoices being set out every 2-3 days, or 7 times in a month. can you please show me how I am missing that?
Calwaterbear
QUOTE(914_teener @ Sep 28 2017, 05:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 28 2017, 05:31 PM) *

Yea Mark but jeez...

He hasn't even paid for it! confused24.gif

Either it is laziness or BS.

It proves that the spoken word is not the same as the written word....especially on the internet. I love this site but jeez come on.

you didn't bother to read the thread right? the calipers were paid for sept 14th. so I assume thats where you are confused? you think i'm not paying, and bitching?

to bring you up to speed, the calipers were paid for 2 weeks ago. and according to mark, somehow they never got mailed out, until I called today. I appreciated Erics help in tracking down the issues, and getting the oversight corrected, so my calipers are on my way.
injunmort
wow, did the pope send you guys? an awful lot of absolution going around. a member asks a legitimate question about turnaround, no aspersions cast, for a service he contracted for and gets flamed for asking " what is a reasonable time iby the board or adinstrators concenus?'. legitimate question regardless of contract. misunderstandings and miscommunications happen, we are all human. i ponder why ( no disrespect to pmb) why one vendor gets so much lattitude to failures of performance and other vendors like autoatlanta gets flamed? is this business or personal?
wndsnd
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 28 2017, 05:00 PM) *

Zach is never a Dick.

There is one one true Dick here. smile.gif
mb911
Valid question from poster =check
Valid response from Eric=check
Time to move on and let this be handled by the 2 direct party's=check..

mepstein
Mistakes happen. God knows I make more than most. It’s a 914 forum. Let’s move on guys.
Larmo63
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.