Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Direction and Advice to stay "Original", What can be replaced but stay "Original?"
76-914
post Oct 27 2017, 02:57 PM
Post #41

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Best advice I can give is to stay the Hell away from me. I’m a 914 rape artist. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Oct 27 2017, 05:59 PM
Post #42

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Ruprect006 @ Oct 27 2017, 05:56 PM) *

Is there a way to delete or hide not essential comments that just waste space and clutter up a good thread?

Sadly no.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Oct 27 2017, 06:18 PM
Post #43

Apex killer!

You asked how to on documenting the mileage. The best way to do this, is to go to the receipts in the maintenance records. If you have a receipt that says the car had 15,000 miles on it when the oil was changed in 1976, and another receipt it says it had 17,000 miles on it in 1977,And the third receipt says it have 22,000 miles on it in 1978. You see how this goes, you just need something other than your uncle’s story To provide some proof that the mileage isnt just rolled over. This basically how Carfax works as well. If a car has 80k miles on it when it was last smog checked, but the odometer indicates 30k something is fishy.
Another way to prove or suggest proof might be the storage history. Or, the last time the registration was current? My car had an indicated 61K miles and the tags on the plates were 1980. Not proof per se, but It suggests that the mileage is actual. Now it’s 69k miles. It also sits in a storage garage but she comes out to play about twice a week.

By the way, great color! Here’s mine! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) mine was very original when I got it. Not so much now...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
DM_2000
post Oct 27 2017, 06:26 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 21,351
Region Association: None

QUOTE(thelogo @ Oct 26 2017, 10:20 PM) *

QUOTE(DM_2000 @ Oct 26 2017, 04:14 PM) *

QUOTE(thelogo @ Oct 26 2017, 01:17 AM) *

Also remove the odometer.

Nothing like a bit of fraud. . .Fail. . .

What's mine is mine.

Until you go to sell it with altered mileage, then it becomes a federal offense.
+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Oct 27 2017, 07:49 PM
Post #45

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Member No.: 20,991

QUOTE(Ruprect006 @ Oct 27 2017, 10:44 AM) *

QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Oct 26 2017, 08:42 PM) *

As a fellow '73 2.0 owner and proponent of originality, I have previously acquired a duplicate set of date stamped 1973 gauges with a corresponding wiring harness.

My plan was to hoard them just in case I ever needed them, but would like to offer them up for sale to you. Even the clock is working and keeps perfect time. Bought them from someone who stored them in tubs for over 30 years after the car was long gone.

If you are interested please PM me.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I am interested and I tried to PM you, but I don't see where it work. Do you have any pictures, and how much are they?

Thanks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Sent you a PM, but don't think your notification is turned on. You can send an email to jeffreydi26@gmail.com and I'll forward a full set of pics on Saturday. Thanks.

Jeffrey
+Quote Post
thelogo
post Oct 27 2017, 09:53 PM
Post #46

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,572

QUOTE(DM_2000 @ Oct 27 2017, 05:26 PM) *

What's mine is mine.

Until you go to sell it with altered mileage, then it becomes a federal offense.

I bought my teener with the odometer not functioning
With 80 k miles showing
Guy said it had like 90 now .

Not talking ultra low like this one but

I bought the car and it didnt seem like a federal offense ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Oct 27 2017, 10:47 PM
Post #47

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,407

QUOTE(Ruprect006 @ Oct 27 2017, 01:56 PM) *

Is there a way to delete or hide not essential comments that just waste space and clutter up a good thread?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) If you think a post is not essential and a waste of space, just INGORE the post. Would that be difficult for you? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Oct 27 2017, 10:51 PM
Post #48

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,407

QUOTE(thelogo @ Oct 27 2017, 08:53 PM) *

What's mine is mine.

With 80 k miles showing

I bought the car and it didnt seem like a federal offense ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

The offense would be if you purposely altered the odometer. You know, like turning it back. I'm not sure if California law requires an properly operating odometer but the next time I'm stopped by the CHP I'll ask the friendly officer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Oct 28 2017, 06:44 AM
Post #49

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

20+ years ago no one cared about these cars. In 2017 and beyond, they are becoming collector cars, fun ones at that.

I took my Dad's car, he bought in 1976, and did what I wanted. Faster, tighter, lots of feedback. Now that I'm pushing 50, I will take it fairly close back to stock, not it's fairly bland PCA COA stock, but I just don't need the mods based on how I drive it, and there's a true joy in driving an underpowered stock 914. Dad's car its twilight deserves such grace.

That said, I would trade my museum quality steel flared /6 for a street / ax car in a heartbeat, because driving a 914 hard and fast is still quite a thrill. One which I miss.

At the end of the day, do what YOU want to do. Unmolested silver is one of the best 914 colors (next to Olympic Blue), and I purposely avoid seeing Rob's car (ConeDodger) because I'd probably soil myself.

+Quote Post
DM_2000
post Oct 28 2017, 07:32 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 21,351

QUOTE(thelogo @ Oct 27 2017, 11:53 PM) *

What's mine is mine.

With 80 k miles showing

For your car, the seller disclosed TMU ( True Mileage Unknown ) , this is completely legal as the seller was not trying to hide anything.

For the OP's car, you are proposing he drive the car with the ODO purposely disconnected and not inform any future buyer of the TMU status, this is black letter fraud.

Give this guy's radio program a call and see how he reacts. www.handelonthelaw.com/
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Oct 28 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #51

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Edward Blume @ Oct 28 2017, 09:44 AM) *

20+ years ago no one cared about these cars. In 2017 and beyond, they are becoming collector cars, fun ones at that.

I took my Dad's car, he bought in 1976, and did what I wanted. Faster, tighter, lots of feedback. Now that I'm pushing 50, I will take it fairly close back to stock, not it's fairly bland PCA COA stock, but I just don't need the mods based on how I drive it, and there's a true joy in driving an underpowered stock 914. Dad's car its twilight deserves such grace.

That said, I would trade my museum quality steel flared /6 for a street / ax car in a heartbeat, because driving a 914 hard and fast is still quite a thrill. One which I miss.

At the end of the day, do what YOU want to do. Unmolested silver is one of the best 914 colors (next to Olympic Blue), and I purposely avoid seeing Rob's car (ConeDodger) because I'd probably soil myself.

Huh??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Oct 29 2017, 07:43 AM
Post #52

Michael

Member No.: 9,712

Rob - Your car looks great! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I was fortunate when I bought my car it came with the seller's note book where he documented all of his gasoline, oil changes, maintenance and you can watch it accumulate miles over the years to support the mileage on the working odometer of 89K when I bought it.

When I had the speedometer rebuilt, I upgraded to a later unit with another digit so when it rolled over it would not be lost and start at zero. I made sure to keep the mileage accurate on the odometer. Now when it hits 100K it will show that on the new speedo.

Yeah, I know, that extra digit is not stock... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Oct 29 2017, 09:55 AM
Post #53

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Oct 29 2017, 10:43 AM) *

Rob - Your car looks great! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I was fortunate when I bought my car it came with the seller's note book where he documented all of his gasoline, oil changes, maintenance and you can watch it accumulate miles over the years to support the mileage on the working odometer of 89K when I bought it.

When I had the speedometer rebuilt, I upgraded to a later unit with another digit so when it rolled over it would not be lost and start at zero. I made sure to keep the mileage accurate on the odometer. Now when it hits 100K it will show that on the new speedo.

Yeah, I know, that extra digit is not stock... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

Thank you. I was just concerned with which bodily fluid Ways was going to soil himself with! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Your car is going to be incredible!
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Oct 29 2017, 10:18 AM
Post #54

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Oct 26 2017, 09:51 PM) *

QUOTE(thelogo @ Oct 26 2017, 07:20 PM) *

What's mine is mine.
And
This is what happens when you fuuuck
A stranger in the ass

Walter from the big lebowski

Do you ever have anything relevant to say?

Only in his own mind. Besides that, no!
+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Oct 29 2017, 06:18 PM
Post #55

As a fellow '73 2.0 owner and proponent of originality, I have previously acquired a duplicate set of date stamped 1973 gauges with a corresponding wiring harness.

My plan was to hoard them just in case I ever needed them, but would like to offer them up for sale to you. Even the clock is working and keeps perfect time. Bought them from someone who stored them in tubs for over 30 years after the car was long gone.

I am interested and I tried to PM you, but I don't see where it work. Do you have any pictures, and how much are they?

The hands still have the orange color with little to no fading. Clock keeps perfect time and temperature gauge has also been tested in my car. The harness was recently acquired and sold to me as tested.

Please email your mobile number to jeffreydi26@gmail.com and we can discuss or text. Thanks.

Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Nov 12 2017, 08:02 PM
Post #56

QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Oct 29 2017, 04:18 PM) *

The hands still have the orange color with little to no fading. Clock keeps perfect time and temperature gauge has also been tested in my car. The harness was recently acquired and sold to me as tested.

Please email your mobile number to jeffreydi26@gmail.com and we can discuss or text. Thanks.

Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image

Wanted to help out the OP and have not heard a reply so will now be moving these over to the FS thread. I now need to sell them to fund the restoration of the remaining gauges on my resto project.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:34 PM