Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help! Marelli dist install in a 914-6, How to install a Marelli dist
skier2.0
post Oct 20 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,422
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I can't remember (I'am an old F#%$) and can find any info on reinstalling a Marelli in a 6. The manual only shows a Bosch. It says to get TDC Z1 piston #1, rotor arm must point to approximately in the direction of the rear edge of the blower. Then turn the dist housing left until points just open. The rotor arm should then be vertically over the notch on the dist housing.
The Marelli has no notch? Do I just get #1 piston to TDC ZL1 and point the rotor at #1 wire on the cap.
Thanks in advance,Rick
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bretth
post Oct 20 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 18,882
Region Association: Southwest Region

I have one on my 2.2 but it hasn't been run in very long time. But it is still installed. Let me know if there is anything on mine that may help id the alignment of yours that I can take a pic of.
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Oct 20 2017, 11:36 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

You got it ,that's the only way really IF you haven't moved the engine from TDC @ #1,otherwise you will have to find TDC @ that point to refit.
When you refit you will notice the shaft will turn away from #1 as you push it down,this is because of the angle on the teeth of the drive gear,you will need to move it 1 tooth back of forward to get alignment.

Good luck.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:16 PM