Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! Marelli dist install in a 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skier2.0
I can't remember (I'am an old F#%$) and can find any info on reinstalling a Marelli in a 6. The manual only shows a Bosch. It says to get TDC Z1 piston #1, rotor arm must point to approximately in the direction of the rear edge of the blower. Then turn the dist housing left until points just open. The rotor arm should then be vertically over the notch on the dist housing.
The Marelli has no notch? Do I just get #1 piston to TDC ZL1 and point the rotor at #1 wire on the cap.
Thanks in advance,Rick
bretth
I have one on my 2.2 but it hasn't been run in very long time. But it is still installed. Let me know if there is anything on mine that may help id the alignment of yours that I can take a pic of.
porschetub
You got it ,that's the only way really IF you haven't moved the engine from TDC @ #1,otherwise you will have to find TDC @ that point to refit.
When you refit you will notice the shaft will turn away from #1 as you push it down,this is because of the angle on the teeth of the drive gear,you will need to move it 1 tooth back of forward to get alignment.

Good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.