Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Grind Me A Pound, First , Second and Reverse gears grind
dralf
post May 23 2005, 07:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,597

Been Driving my teener for a week and I think I am slowely destroying my transmision. I had to replace the shift linkage bearings last fall and adjusted the clutch, and for the few test spins I took it seemed OK. But now that I drive it a bit, it seems to grind when I am in neutral and want to put it into reverse ( yes I am depressing the clutch ). At a stop as I shift into first it somethimes grinds and unless I accelerate and shift real slow it grinds going into second.

I just adjusted the clutch cable tonight and tightened it a bit more but that may have made it a bit worse. One final observation, This is a side shifter 2 L 1975, and boy it seems that second and fourth gears are close together.

Is it time to consider a trany rebuild ? Is it the clutch ? Is it the linkage requiring more fiddling (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/sad.gif)

I am excited to drive the baby but I don't want to dammage something, any sugestions will be appreciated.

Signed,
Shiftless in Ohio
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:20 AM