Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ot porsche factory recall for 993 top, Dealer put in new motors and f%$ked up t
buck toenges
post May 24 2005, 11:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,388
Region Association: None

Just got my '95 993 cab back from dealer after they installed new latch motors for my top as per factory recall. The first time I try and put the top down the driver side latch pin gets caught up in the windshield frame and causes the top to stay half way up/half way down. Call up the dealer and am I HOT! The tech tells me that there is no way that the recall work caused the problem. The cables in the top are way screwed up and stretched. The dealer still pleads innocenence. I tell them to keep the car and get the porsche rep. That was Friday. I haven't heard anything. What else can I do? I mean I got 4 porsche right now and have bought 7 over the years. Although I never bought a brand new one I still have bought a bunch of them.
When I bought a used Acura nsx from a private owner the acura dealership treated me like a king. They picked up and brought back my car anytime for service work. They even replaced a bad fuel pump no charge. Couldn't asked for better service.

Now I have to admit I don't use the dealer service. I use their old porsche trained mechanic that went on his own but what the heck.. It was still factory recall work and the dealer pleads ignorance.

Signed,
Pissed in Ft. Wayne.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post May 24 2005, 12:41 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

they f-ed it up, they fix it
otherwise, tell em you'll have it fixed somewhere else on their expense
+Quote Post
william harris
post May 24 2005, 04:43 PM
Post #3

914 Restorer

Member No.: 1,539

You need to contact Porsche in Atlanta and ask to get the contact number for your Zone Service Representative. Contact the Zone Rep and describe your problem, but really try to keep your cool, they usually treat you alot more seriously that way. I have owned 5 new Porsches and have always gotten excellent service at my local dealership - it helps to go in and establish a personal relationship with the best Porsche mechanics. Good Luck. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
buck toenges
post May 24 2005, 08:21 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,388
Region Association: None

I have a great relationship with a factory trained porsche mechanic. He doesn't work for the dealership anymore.!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 11:06 AM