Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ot porsche factory recall for 993 top
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
Just got my '95 993 cab back from dealer after they installed new latch motors for my top as per factory recall. The first time I try and put the top down the driver side latch pin gets caught up in the windshield frame and causes the top to stay half way up/half way down. Call up the dealer and am I HOT! The tech tells me that there is no way that the recall work caused the problem. The cables in the top are way screwed up and stretched. The dealer still pleads innocenence. I tell them to keep the car and get the porsche rep. That was Friday. I haven't heard anything. What else can I do? I mean I got 4 porsche right now and have bought 7 over the years. Although I never bought a brand new one I still have bought a bunch of them.
When I bought a used Acura nsx from a private owner the acura dealership treated me like a king. They picked up and brought back my car anytime for service work. They even replaced a bad fuel pump no charge. Couldn't asked for better service.

Now I have to admit I don't use the dealer service. I use their old porsche trained mechanic that went on his own but what the heck.. It was still factory recall work and the dealer pleads ignorance.

Signed,
Pissed in Ft. Wayne.
Jeroen
they f-ed it up, they fix it
otherwise, tell em you'll have it fixed somewhere else on their expense
william harris
You need to contact Porsche in Atlanta and ask to get the contact number for your Zone Service Representative. Contact the Zone Rep and describe your problem, but really try to keep your cool, they usually treat you alot more seriously that way. I have owned 5 new Porsches and have always gotten excellent service at my local dealership - it helps to go in and establish a personal relationship with the best Porsche mechanics. Good Luck. biggrin.gif
buck toenges
I have a great relationship with a factory trained porsche mechanic. He doesn't work for the dealership anymore.!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.