Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

27 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dr Phil’s copper 914 restoration thread- paint and body work on deck- getting fenders fixed and car repainted! New thread to document process, Update:- some finishing touches - constant , never done LOL
jesse7flying
post Sep 5 2018, 01:58 PM
Post #321

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,281
Region Association: None

Great shot! My 18 year old cat used to do the same thing. She passed away last year. Still miss her.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 5 2018, 09:42 PM
Post #322

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

18 years, thats a long life! My dachshund is 16 now, this kitten has become his buddy, she follows him around, they play, and we find her crashed out sleeping next to him in his bed. I think she keeps him from being lonely when we are all gone during the day.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 5 2018, 09:48 PM
Post #323

Dr. Phil

tonight my rear targa bar came from 914rubber! so now my back pad is in too, ans the center console and seats!!

ready for the last trim pieces! sorry no pictures.... ...... ..... you have to come to Okteenerfest !
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 5 2018, 09:52 PM
Post #324

Dr. Phil

before installation

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 6 2018, 06:50 AM
Post #325

Dr. Phil

This rear targa bolster is the repro one being carried by 914rubber but i think has been made by AA - anyway the fit and finish is super and this will last a lifetime and not peel crack etc like the original ones. Yes, they can probably improve the grain to be more accurate for the concourse weenies but this is great for me and it really looks super, now for finishing off the rest of the trim around the targa bar/ sail panels. i have a few parts due in the next few days that i am excited about getting on the car to finish it up.

it looks like i am not going to get a radio in the dash for this trip so i would like to just put up a blank plate with the brick weave on it. -- Does anyone have such a thing i could acquire ASAP/?
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Sep 6 2018, 09:10 AM
Post #326

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 6 2018, 04:50 AM) *

This rear targa bolster is the repro one being carried by 914rubber but i think has been made by AA - anyway the fit and finish is super and this will last a lifetime and not peel crack etc like the original ones. Yes, they can probably improve the grain to be more accurate for the concourse weenies but this is great for me and it really looks super, now for finishing off the rest of the trim around the targa bar/ sail panels. i have a few parts due in the next few days that i am excited about getting on the car to finish it up.

it looks like i am not going to get a radio in the dash for this trip so i would like to just put up a blank plate with the brick weave on it. -- Does anyone have such a thing i could acquire ASAP/?

I think I have some extra black brick weave. could just do a quick double side tape and stick the weave to the back side of the hole.

I can check tonight.

If needed I can send or bring it with me.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 6 2018, 09:47 AM
Post #327

Dr. Phil

could bring it that would be fine - i want to pick your brain about the 123distributor installation and setting, once i start car and have it running with current set up , i would like to put the 123 into it, but not yet as i don't want 10 variable issues when starting the car for the first time after a year, having replaced a few other items., I want to know about the preset curves and not running vac etc.

Phil

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 6 2018, 11:10 AM) *

I think I have some extra black brick weave. could just do a quick double side tape and stick the weave to the back side of the hole.

I can check tonight.

+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Sep 6 2018, 09:58 AM
Post #328

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 6 2018, 07:47 AM) *

could bring it that would be fine - i want to pick your brain about the 123distributor installation and setting, once i start car and have it running with current set up , i would like to put the 123 into it, but not yet as i don't want 10 variable issues when starting the car for the first time after a year, having replaced a few other items., I want to know about the preset curves and not running vac etc.

Phil

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 6 2018, 11:10 AM) *

I can check tonight.

I will PM you my number.

but the reality is that all you need to do is select the curve and time it just like the ordinal. If you got the programable advance one it is a bit more complex but not too hard.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 6 2018, 11:19 AM
Post #329

Dr. Phil

My back pad is on its way, and i am close to being able to finish up the sail panels, interior is all back in the car! Grounds all wired, i still have to relocate my Oil cooler and then i can gas it up and see if she starts up!

edit - looks like the firewall sound/insulation pad I ordered Monday from 914rubber may not make it in time to be installed before leaving for the trip. Oh well! I can go with out that- but the sail panel trim is not something I can go with out. I can put my old rear trim on but I hope that AA can send this out today, they are carrying the aftermarket URO one and if they can ship it today I can get it by Wednesday.
I will put back on the old one if it doesn't. So it looks like the last few items to procure at the last minute is a radio from Mark Herd and the rear badging!! - SO who has the rear 914 and 2.0 badging for a '75??
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 7 2018, 06:53 AM
Post #330

Dr. Phil

any assembly instructions for the rear sail panel trim? what is the order of assembly?
also having issues with the adhesive we used for this the edges are coming up along back side of the targa bar. could it be the heat and humidity? thinking about hitting the edges that pulled up with contact cement and see if that will hold it down. both the permatex heavy duty and the 3M99 not holding well.

- it looks like the bottom edge trim, followed by the vertical trim and seal at front of the sail, and then the rear back targa bar trim followed last by the curved rear sail panel trim.
I hope that is right. We will try and get this done tomorrow along with getting the rest of the vacuum hose on and the oil cooler moved and remounted, then I should be able to put the oil and gas in and we will try and see if it will fire up.

Lots of new stuff on there, new alternator and belt, new front crank seals and oil cooler and seals, all new fuel lines and vac lines. about the only thing I didn't put on new is the starter is the same and the transmission was not removed, as it was rebuilt and resealed a few years ago at the Dr. Evil clinic in VA.

What I need- rear 914 and 2.0 lettering badge, rear trunk insulation pad(can wait if necessary)

short list of this weekends work in order of importance:
1. move oil cooler
2. put in vac lines , gas , oil,
3. start car and test car, tune.
IF all that goes well, then I can go to:
4. put on rocker panesl
5. finish sail panel trim
6. finish conversion of front euro light conversion
7. pull old ugly bumper and put on new chromed early front bumper
then ...
+Quote Post
Shadowfax
post Sep 7 2018, 08:40 AM
Post #331

Show us the meaning of haste

Member No.: 18,340

You are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! Good job, Phil.

From what I remember, your order for the sail panel trim sounds correct. Try aasesales.com for your badges. I know they have several used sets. Aase sales emblems
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 7 2018, 08:08 PM
Post #332

Dr. Phil

sail trim, vertical window seal, top trim and bottom in place on driver side

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 7 2018, 08:10 PM
Post #333

Dr. Phil

inners in with seat belts retractors , seats ,

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 7 2018, 08:13 PM
Post #334

Dr. Phil

one side euro conversion done

Attached thumbnail(s)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Sep 7 2018, 08:16 PM
Post #335

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

A lot of progress. Congrats!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Sep 7 2018, 08:21 PM
Post #336

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

WOW! Seats look super. Your car has turned out very nice.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 7 2018, 09:42 PM
Post #337

Dr. Phil

thanks Kevin, thank you for the help and assistance parts wise too!

i just finished putting the early new rechromed bumper on, i will take better pictures in light tomorrow , new 914rubber topper on it as well.

Attached thumbnail(s)
+Quote Post
raynekat
post Sep 8 2018, 12:09 AM
Post #338

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,263
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Everything is looking very nice.....er I mean great!
Well done.
You'll get there before you know it.

Lighter center piece going out in the mail in the morning.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Sep 8 2018, 04:07 AM
Post #339

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

Is this some new record for assembly?
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Sep 8 2018, 06:36 AM
Post #340

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) Looking terrific. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

27 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:19 AM