Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking for PPI in sacramento, 73 2.0
dax1969
post Nov 3 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,103
Region Association: None

Hi,

Anybody available near Sacramento to do a ppi on a 73 2.0 ? Can paypal some petrolmoney. Or an independent shop perhaps ?

Thks in advance
Dax
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Nov 3 2017, 08:03 PM
Post #2

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Contact Ron at IPB Autosport. He will charge you for it, but there aren’t many who know 914’s as well. Jim Dupree or jcd914 here would also be a possibility, but he is a busy guy so...
+Quote Post
914sgofast2
post Nov 3 2017, 09:19 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 15,855

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 3 2017, 07:03 PM) *

Contact Ron at IPB Autosport. He will charge you for it, but there aren’t many who know 914’s as well. Jim Dupree or jcd914 here would also be a possibility, but he is a busy guy so...

I second the use of Ron at IPB Autosport. He used to race 914s and knows them very well. He takes car our Cayman S and our 914.
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Nov 4 2017, 12:55 AM
Post #4

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172

Where is it at?
+Quote Post
dax1969
post Nov 4 2017, 05:08 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 4 2017, 03:03 AM) *

Thks, will try to call them on monday. Anybody used their service for a ppi ? What would they charge ? I would like to know if the engine is healthy, all the electrics and brakes work fine and ofcourse if there is any significant rust.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Nov 4 2017, 07:39 AM
Post #6

Apex killer!

QUOTE(dax1969 @ Nov 4 2017, 08:08 AM) *

Thks, will try to call them on monday. Anybody used their service for a ppi ? What would they charge ? I would like to know if the engine is healthy, all the electrics and brakes work fine and ofcourse if there is any significant rust.

He’ll probably quote you for an hour or two of labor. Tell him I sent you and he’ll double it! (Just kidding) he has been described as the fastest 914 pilot in Northern California And he built the car he drove so...
+Quote Post
Robnxious
post Nov 4 2017, 09:08 AM
Post #7

RobnxiousOne

Member No.: 7,097

QUOTE(dax1969 @ Nov 4 2017, 04:08 AM) *

Don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall it was about an hour. Ron did mine, and works on mine as well. He does fantastic work, in fact is in the middle of doing some major work for me right now. I can't recommend him highly enough
+Quote Post
dax1969
post Nov 4 2017, 12:06 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Robnxious @ Nov 4 2017, 04:08 PM) *

QUOTE(dax1969 @ Nov 4 2017, 04:08 AM) *

Don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall it was about an hour. Ron did mine, and works on mine as well. He does fantastic work, in fact is in the middle of doing some major work for me right now. I can't recommend him highly enough

Thks, I have send them an email and if I don’t get a reply then I will call them.
Seller did not confirm yet if he is willing to bring the car to that shop (if not then it’s money saved, then I know enough). Seller says “a porsche guy had a look and gave thumbs up”, possibly but not enough for me. I want that somebody with knowledge takes a look.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Nov 4 2017, 12:35 PM
Post #9

Apex killer!

The advantage of a third party objective look is obvious. I think Alissa, Ron’s daughter handles email. I would still call Monday.
+Quote Post
Dominic
post Nov 4 2017, 09:49 PM
Post #10

Dominic

Member No.: 149

QUOTE(dax1969 @ Nov 3 2017, 05:40 PM) *

Hi,

Anybody available near Sacramento to do a ppi on a 73 2.0 ? Can paypal some petrolmoney. Or an independent shop perhaps ?

Thks in advance
Dax

Dax,
Let me know if you need me to do a PPI for you, I'm not far from Sacramento.
I currently have a 73' 2.0L (owned for 21 years), I have plenty of experience looking one over.
Cheers,
Dominic
+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Nov 4 2017, 11:04 PM
Post #11

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Member No.: 20,991
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Dominic @ Nov 4 2017, 08:49 PM) *

Hi,

Thks in advance
Dax

Dax,
I currently have a 73' 2.0L (owned for 21 years), I have plenty of experience looking one over.
Cheers,
Dominic

You are in good hands with Dominic for sure.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
sholman5
post Nov 5 2017, 06:08 PM
Post #12

Kraut burner

Member No.: 20,391
Region Association: South East States

Good luck dax. Can't wait to see the day that you finally find what you have been looking for.
+Quote Post
dax1969
post Nov 6 2017, 05:45 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(Dominic @ Nov 5 2017, 04:49 AM) *

Hi,

Thks in advance
Dax

Dax,
Cheers,
Dominic

Dominic, will send you Pm with the details I have and the contacts of the seller.

Thks beforehand
Dax
+Quote Post
dax1969
post Nov 6 2017, 06:04 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(sholman5 @ Nov 6 2017, 01:08 AM) *

Good luck dax. Can't wait to see the day that you finally find what you have been looking for.

Me too. Not easy. Or the car is a lemon or is above my budget. If a good one shows up then it is sold in a matter of hours. Distance and timedifference is against me. I also got a lot of offers "offline" with silly prices (overseas buyer will buy anything strategy ?)
Ofcourse I'm looking local as well but with 95 % being USA import cars and in bad shape I can better keep looking myself.

Honestly, I'm slowing down a bit now as winter is coming... perhaps I will change strategy and will fly to the USA next spring for some kind of "roadtrip" combining some sightseeing with hopefully finding a good car.

cheers
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 04:41 AM