Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for PPI in sacramento
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dax1969
Hi,

Anybody available near Sacramento to do a ppi on a 73 2.0 ? Can paypal some petrolmoney. Or an independent shop perhaps ?

Thks in advance
Dax
ConeDodger
Contact Ron at IPB Autosport. He will charge you for it, but there aren’t many who know 914’s as well. Jim Dupree or jcd914 here would also be a possibility, but he is a busy guy so...
914sgofast2
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 3 2017, 07:03 PM) *

Contact Ron at IPB Autosport. He will charge you for it, but there aren’t many who know 914’s as well. Jim Dupree or jcd914 here would also be a possibility, but he is a busy guy so...

I second the use of Ron at IPB Autosport. He used to race 914s and knows them very well. He takes car our Cayman S and our 914.
Andyrew
Where is it at?
dax1969
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 4 2017, 03:03 AM) *

Thks, will try to call them on monday. Anybody used their service for a ppi ? What would they charge ? I would like to know if the engine is healthy, all the electrics and brakes work fine and ofcourse if there is any significant rust.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(dax1969 @ Nov 4 2017, 08:08 AM) *

Thks, will try to call them on monday. Anybody used their service for a ppi ? What would they charge ? I would like to know if the engine is healthy, all the electrics and brakes work fine and ofcourse if there is any significant rust.

He’ll probably quote you for an hour or two of labor. Tell him I sent you and he’ll double it! (Just kidding) he has been described as the fastest 914 pilot in Northern California And he built the car he drove so...
Robnxious
QUOTE(dax1969 @ Nov 4 2017, 04:08 AM) *

Don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall it was about an hour. Ron did mine, and works on mine as well. He does fantastic work, in fact is in the middle of doing some major work for me right now. I can't recommend him highly enough
dax1969
QUOTE(Robnxious @ Nov 4 2017, 04:08 PM) *

QUOTE(dax1969 @ Nov 4 2017, 04:08 AM) *

Don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall it was about an hour. Ron did mine, and works on mine as well. He does fantastic work, in fact is in the middle of doing some major work for me right now. I can't recommend him highly enough

Thks, I have send them an email and if I don’t get a reply then I will call them.
Seller did not confirm yet if he is willing to bring the car to that shop (if not then it’s money saved, then I know enough). Seller says “a porsche guy had a look and gave thumbs up”, possibly but not enough for me. I want that somebody with knowledge takes a look.
ConeDodger
The advantage of a third party objective look is obvious. I think Alissa, Ron’s daughter handles email. I would still call Monday.
Dominic
QUOTE(dax1969 @ Nov 3 2017, 05:40 PM) *

Hi,

Anybody available near Sacramento to do a ppi on a 73 2.0 ? Can paypal some petrolmoney. Or an independent shop perhaps ?

Thks in advance
Dax

Dax,
Let me know if you need me to do a PPI for you, I'm not far from Sacramento.
I currently have a 73' 2.0L (owned for 21 years), I have plenty of experience looking one over.
Cheers,
Dominic
914_7T3
QUOTE(Dominic @ Nov 4 2017, 08:49 PM) *

Hi,

Thks in advance
Dax

Dax,
I currently have a 73' 2.0L (owned for 21 years), I have plenty of experience looking one over.
Cheers,
Dominic

You are in good hands with Dominic for sure.

biggrin.gif
sholman5
Good luck dax. Can't wait to see the day that you finally find what you have been looking for.
dax1969
QUOTE(Dominic @ Nov 5 2017, 04:49 AM) *

Hi,

Thks in advance
Dax

Dax,
Cheers,
Dominic

Dominic, will send you Pm with the details I have and the contacts of the seller.

Thks beforehand
Dax
dax1969
QUOTE(sholman5 @ Nov 6 2017, 01:08 AM) *

Good luck dax. Can't wait to see the day that you finally find what you have been looking for.

Me too. Not easy. Or the car is a lemon or is above my budget. If a good one shows up then it is sold in a matter of hours. Distance and timedifference is against me. I also got a lot of offers "offline" with silly prices (overseas buyer will buy anything strategy ?)
Ofcourse I'm looking local as well but with 95 % being USA import cars and in bad shape I can better keep looking myself.

Honestly, I'm slowing down a bit now as winter is coming... perhaps I will change strategy and will fly to the USA next spring for some kind of "roadtrip" combining some sightseeing with hopefully finding a good car.

cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.