Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail, & Kitcar!, Semi OT, but important
bryanc
post Nov 9 2017, 02:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,495
Region Association: Southwest Region

Texas has started revoking titles for sand rail, dune buggy, and kit car owners. There is an active group on facebook with the details....

Facebook Link

If you are in Texas, there is a petition to send to your representative.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Nov 9 2017, 06:22 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

Wow that's a pretty hardass decision,thought my country was bad... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) .
Beach buggies get hit hard here too ,if they have lapsed registration (1 year) they are pretty impossible to get recomplianced due to engineer inspection/certification costs,as many never had the floorpans shortened to a reasonable (safe) standard,infact many were merely cut and butt welded (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) .
For instance when I did my speedster floorpan I followed an approved engineering drawing and jigged the chassis to get it square,fairly involved process,the centre tunnel has to be overlapped and rosette welded @ 10 points of the overlap then a full weld @ the join.
The cuts in the pan are made further towards the rear to avoid proximity of the centre tunnel joint,I removed 10.25 inches and was within .5 mm square....pretty happy with that.
I read the comments on facebook,sorry don't understand the reason solely for this ruling ,someone explain please would be happy to know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) .
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 10:49 PM