Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail, & Kitcar!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bryanc
Texas has started revoking titles for sand rail, dune buggy, and kit car owners. There is an active group on facebook with the details....

Facebook Link

If you are in Texas, there is a petition to send to your representative.
porschetub
Wow that's a pretty hardass decision,thought my country was bad... confused24.gif .
Beach buggies get hit hard here too ,if they have lapsed registration (1 year) they are pretty impossible to get recomplianced due to engineer inspection/certification costs,as many never had the floorpans shortened to a reasonable (safe) standard,infact many were merely cut and butt welded stromberg.gif .
For instance when I did my speedster floorpan I followed an approved engineering drawing and jigged the chassis to get it square,fairly involved process,the centre tunnel has to be overlapped and rosette welded @ 10 points of the overlap then a full weld @ the join.
The cuts in the pan are made further towards the rear to avoid proximity of the centre tunnel joint,I removed 10.25 inches and was within .5 mm square....pretty happy with that.
I read the comments on facebook,sorry don't understand the reason solely for this ruling ,someone explain please would be happy to know beer.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.