Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Newbie fueling question
87m491
post Nov 10 2017, 07:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,731
Region Association: North East States

As usual I have shot my own self in the foot and have a self inflicted "ran when parked" scenario. In the summer of 2016 I pulled a 74 2.0 with stock fuel injection out of a fairly long slumber and drove it a few hours home. After being pleasantly surprised at how well it seemed to run I proceeded to pull out the interior for sprucing up (still out) and redid wheels, brake system, wheel bearings and made my way to the fuel system.

The tank was amazingly clean so new tank sock, filter, updated style pump was already in the frunk, so new hoses, tangerine SS lines stem to stern and all new engine compartment lines, reconditioned injectors, yada, yada.

Fast forward to refire time and not so much. It's tough to confirm working FP from the drivers seat so I hard wired it and still no start. (starter is turning the engine fine) With all of the lines out at once I thought there was a better than even money chance I swapped fuel in and out. I swapped lines in the engine bay and was met with a powerful suction whoosh when I disconnected one. I hard wired the FP again and heard the fuel swirling around the tank I assume from the return so now that seems good. I also have spark from the coil and as I type this I can't believe I forgot to check from the cap out, DOH!

Short question long, is the FP supposed to run with the key on or is it keyed to engine speed etc? Also with the interior and "convenience" electricals out, might I have disconnected something that it is keeping the car from firing up?
thx
Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 04:49 PM