Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> E-Stopp emergency brake install, Advice on best unit and install
Gmanscott55
post Nov 11 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,630
Region Association: Southern California

I currently do not have an e brake installed. Previous owner did not put in possibly due to race seats in front? Any advice on remote e brake kits such as e-stopp or others? Any restrictions or best place to install? Thanks in advance for your help.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Steve
post Nov 11 2017, 08:41 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

I would buy Tangerines kit. There is a thread on how to bolt the 911 shoe brake e-brake assembly to the trailing arm.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=4909
I am not a fan of the metal stop on the shoe brake. The factory welded a heavy plate to the trailing arm for a reason. If you just want a parking brake it’s fine, but picture your self grabbing the emergency brake at speed. The brakes shoes will rip off that metal tab if it’s welded to the thin sheet metal of the e-brake assembly.
Wes (rip) helped me with mine. Here is a link to his thread.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...72&hl=Brake
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Nov 12 2017, 01:54 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

I am not a fan of the metal stop on the shoe brake. The factory welded a heavy plate to the trailing arm for a reason. If you just want a parking brake it’s fine, but picture your self grabbing the emergency brake at speed. The brakes shoes will rip off that metal tab if it’s welded to the thin sheet metal of the e-brake assembly.

[/quote]
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) ask my how I know,it not only rips the stop off the backing plate the springs and shoe retainers get destroyed @ the same time.
The 911 backing plate isn't heavy enough,Steve is correct 100%...you have a handbrake but not an emergency one if the conversion is done this way.
I intent to re-engineer what the PO did with my setup.....peace of mind from a safety point of view also.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 03:48 AM