Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's the market price-$$ at Bumper Re-Chrome Shops?, Sourced another one & checking to go DD or CW Quality....
jt914
post Nov 23 2017, 12:03 PM
Post #21

I love my914

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,141
Region Association: Southern California

I'd recommend El Monte Plating here in SoCal at around $300-350 including straightening last time I used them. I was very happy and would definitely recommend. When I was renting a hangar at the El Monte Airport over there many of the car guys also used El Monte.

I tried to save a few bucks once and I tried a place called Bumperman, at around $250 each was a good price. Came out OK for a daily driver but I was not as happy as the work that El Monte did.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gandalf_025
post Nov 23 2017, 12:22 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 10,509
Region Association: North East States

If you are interested in Stainless Bumpers....
First I would check with Mark H. And next I would contact
Harrington Group, I would contact anyone else last.
Harrington makes the bumpers in Vietnam..
I bough a set directly from Harrington and they look great..
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Nov 23 2017, 04:11 PM
Post #23

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 21 2017, 05:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Woodside914 @ Nov 21 2017, 02:02 PM) *

What do you guys think about the newer stainless-steel bumpers out in the market?...just as good?

There is supposed to be a group buy going on those through Mark Henry.. I am not sure of status.. I think they look great though..

Status is they look great, but I wasn't happy with a bunch of little things mostly on the fronts. The topper holes were off and grill holes weren't trimmed out correctly being the worst offenders. This all added up to 6-8 hours of labour for me per set, times that by 20-30 sets was a no go for me.

They have stated the corrected sample will be ready for shipping next week, but shipping from Nam is about 3 weeks. So if even if every thing is good we are looking at 8-10 plus weeks before I would be ready to ship the first batch. I will update as soon as I've seen and test fit the next set of samples.

For CW bumpers you will have to go the rechrome route, all SS bumper brands have a slightly different shine/colour than chrome. But on this point no one but a CW would see it.
I'm hoping they can correct the issues because they look awesome on my car... not to mention I'm around $5K out of pocket on this project.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:06 PM