Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> EASY is closing, another shop bites the dust., Might still have gatherings at the old location
JeffBowlsby
post Nov 22 2017, 02:44 PM
Post #21

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 22 2017, 12:34 PM) *

Pelican has been sold as well ...

What? Wayne took a golden parachute? He's just a kid still...
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Nov 22 2017, 02:46 PM
Post #22

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Nov 22 2017, 05:44 PM) *

Or a golden shower. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) Heard this from a reliable source...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Chris Pincetich
post Nov 22 2017, 11:23 PM
Post #23

B-)

Member No.: 4,907

Now it makes sense....
I went there 2 weeks ago as final rustoration is taking place on my 914 before I sell it soon. Jim knew he had the interior part I wanted, and climbed over a bunch of stuff to get it...lots of cracking and crunching as he literally walked on top of other parts to get mine. I guess all that random plastic and vinyl ain't really worth the move...

I wonder if this next next Saturday, the first one in December, will be a special send-off gathering? Could be epic! I love donuts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

My 1.7 TIV came from EASY. It cost less than $500 and is still running strong 10 years later! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

I lived in Emeryville for a year and dropped by EASY almost as often as I ate at Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe. Fun times. EASY will be missed!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Nov 23 2017, 10:16 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,276

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 22 2017, 09:43 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 21 2017, 06:08 PM) *
Known for a year. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Same here, doesn't make it suck any less ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Yeah, it was the worst kept secret, but sad nonetheless.
+Quote Post
wes
post Nov 23 2017, 01:32 PM
Post #25

wes

Member No.: 8,436

Sad one of those places you looked forward to going to get needed parts at a fair price and left with not only the needed parts but the good feeling of friendship. I first bought a good set of 914 Fuchs for my first 914 many years back!
And of course must include the Easy special Attached Image
+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Feb 6 2018, 11:39 AM
Post #26

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Member No.: 20,991
Region Association: Southern California

I just sourced some parts there yesterday. Official word is that they have until the end of the month to be out of the building and parts are on the way to the dump. If anyone needs anything or wants to save these parts now would be a good time to step up.
+Quote Post
Olympic 914
post Feb 6 2018, 02:57 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 13,287
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Feb 6 2018, 12:39 PM) *

I just sourced some parts there yesterday. Official word is that they have until the end of the month to be out of the building and parts are on the way to the dump. If anyone needs anything or wants to save these parts now would be a good time to step up.

Adam, Sounds like its right down your alley.

just far...
+Quote Post
Sea Dragon 914
post Feb 6 2018, 03:30 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 358

I was there on Saturday. It was nice to see a few old friends I haven't seen in a long time. Only 4 914s there including mine. Not a great showing for 914s but there were a lot of bathtubs and 911s of course. We did beat the 924/928 contingent in that I only saw 2 there.

Tried to find a passenger side rocker but none to be found. Forgot to ask if they had any instrument panels left. Mine's a bit rusty. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

If they are still open until the end of the month, I'll try to stop by again when I get back from Seattle.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 6 2018, 04:07 PM
Post #29

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 22 2017, 03:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Nov 22 2017, 05:44 PM) *

Or a golden shower. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) Heard this from a reliable source...

Yep, pelican is sold. I think he got out at the top of the market or just a little after.
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Feb 6 2018, 05:26 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Feb 6 2018, 12:57 PM) *

QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Feb 6 2018, 12:39 PM) *

Adam, Sounds like its right down your alley.

just far...

I was at EASY several years ago, crawled around for a couple of days, not much there that I didn't already have. Jim was smart about selling parts, he had a mantra that he taught me, which I live by daily.
"I'm not running a fucking museum, I'm selling Porsche parts, if you want it, I'll sell it."

I know far too many guys running their own museums, and not selling things. Jim sold his stuff, and kept legions of cars both running and looking cool. The only thing I razz him about is the car's he scrapped, like the 58 Carrera.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Feb 6 2018, 05:31 PM
Post #31

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

Just another EASY story...

I went in to EASY a year or two back. My youngest has a 944 and the rear hatch has separated the metal trim from the glass. Jim and John described it as one of the most common 944 problems with power steering pump being #2 or #3. I asked if they had a good one and Jim said "I don't think I've seen one come through that didn't have the same problem he (Nicho) already had. A year later, I drop in again. John says "Hey, Jim hid something for you." He takes me back in the back and there is the holy 944 grail. A perfect rear hatch. They sell it to me for $100 bucks. That might not mean anything to you until I tell you that if you go to your Porsche dealer, you can buy a brand new one, without the spoiler, for $2500.00! Most places try to get a percentage of the new price and I'm sure it isn't <5%! Thanks for the deal and the memories John and Jim! Good luck in the future!
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Feb 6 2018, 07:25 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 6 2018, 03:31 PM) *

Just another EASY story...

I went in to EASY a year or two back. My youngest has a 944 and the rear hatch has separated the metal trim from the glass. Jim and John described it as one of the most common 944 problems with power steering pump being #2 or #3. I asked if they had a good one and Jim said "I don't think I've seen one come through that didn't have the same problem he (Nicho) already had. A year later, I drop in again. John says "Hey, Jim hid something for you." He takes me back in the back and there is the holy 944 grail. A perfect rear hatch. They sell it to me for $100 bucks. That might not mean anything to you until I tell you that if you go to your Porsche dealer, you can buy a brand new one, without the spoiler, for $2500.00! Most places try to get a percentage of the new price and I'm sure it isn't <5%! Thanks for the deal and the memories John and Jim! Good luck in the future!

Jim was good about saving things for the right guy, years ago I was cobbling together my first roadster and Jim had an NOS windshield post receiver in his glass case, he sent it to me.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
pete000
post Feb 6 2018, 09:23 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 12,094
Region Association: South East States

Is there any truth to this rumor Wayne sold Pelican? I see nothing published.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 02:40 PM