Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who owns 914World?, I just want to confirm.........
7TPorsh
post Dec 6 2017, 03:23 PM
Post #121

7T Porsh

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,782
Region Association: Southern California

In like Flint!

Cheapest therapy, best 914 knowledge base , and the best group of bastards this side of the planet.

Thank you Andy for keeping it together! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

here's the link again:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...tmethod¤cy=USD

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Dec 6 2017, 03:44 PM
Post #122

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 2 2017, 09:14 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 1 2017, 10:18 PM) *

QUOTE(flmont @ Dec 2 2017, 01:53 AM) *

I think there should be a annual fee to be here I think its well worth a charge of 25.00-50.00 a year,.??

Well, let’s do the math. We have 20,000 registered members. At a mandatory $25 annual fee, that’s $500,000. Of course that’s $1,000,000. If we make it $50.

What is it that you were thinking Andy should do with that? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)

Too funny.. isn’t that what Brad was trying to do that created the previous debacle that led to the split?

Correct. In defense of Brad he had probably 50k posts where 90% of them were answering almost every question on the board so he was trying to monetize it to make it worth his time. Was it the right thing to do? Most will say no.

Consider this was about the time that Rennlist sold for a considerable amount of money.

At this point this site has been funded by its 10ish sponsors all to pay a decent server bill and other misc fees. Andy never comes public with this or asks for any money to help.

I would imagine that the 100ish people that will pay the $25 each year will allow the site to have a bit of a rainy day fund so the server equipment and bills can be upgraded and paid for on a regular basis and allow for Andy not to have to worry (privately as he would never do it publicly) about money for the 914world.

I will continue to pay and support this site as well as I can as this has been my home since its conception (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
RoadGlue
post Dec 6 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #123

Sonoma County Gear Head

Group: Admin
Member No.: 108

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 6 2017, 01:44 PM) *

At this point this site has been funded by its 10ish sponsors all to pay a decent server bill and other misc fees. Andy never comes public with this or asks for any money to help.

If you're referring to the banner ads, my understanding is that all of the funds from that go to charity and he doesn't see a dime of it. Andy has paid for everything out of pocket thus far.
+Quote Post
theer
post Dec 6 2017, 04:26 PM
Post #124

Member No.: 19,014
Region Association: North East States

This is one of the very few remaining places where I don't get inundated with those follow-me-ads embedded in the page(s).

I get why they are there, but I am sooo sick of them.

Anyway, $25/year is totally worth it just to keep the ads away. The free advice, source for parts and entertainment value are bonuses.

+Quote Post
BeatNavy
post Dec 6 2017, 04:31 PM
Post #125

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(jfort @ Dec 6 2017, 04:03 PM) *

just found the link on page one and paid. best money I ever spent. just embarrassed that it was identified by an Army guy.

BEAT ARMY!

USNA Class of 74 and I'll be at the game. First time since 1973.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) Enjoy the game! (And stay warm - gonna be chilly).

I'm just hoping for a good game this weekend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) . As with every other year, I'll be in Chapel Hill at my classmate's restaurant (http://www.thetopofthehill.com/) with a couple hundred other Army & Navy grads and their families drinking lots of beer and generally acting like children (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) while we watch the game.

Really glad this thread was started. If Army wins, I'll make another donation to the World!

+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Dec 6 2017, 05:23 PM
Post #126

Michael

Member No.: 9,712

I would definitely pay a yearly fee to be a member and keep this site going and keeping pace with technological developments.
+Quote Post
SteveL
post Dec 6 2017, 06:04 PM
Post #127

Member No.: 991
Region Association: None

Best $25 I ever spent. Thanks Andy.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Dec 6 2017, 08:48 PM
Post #128

Resident German

Member No.: 179

QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Dec 6 2017, 02:05 PM) *

If you're referring to the banner ads, my understanding is that all of the funds from that go to charity and he doesn't see a dime of it. Andy has paid for everything out of pocket thus far.

Yep, never seen a dime from the banner Ads, they have always been going 100% to charity.

There is, however, talk among the admins to change that and use the Ad money for the site as well.

If we did that and combined it with the generous donations from this thread, we would have enough to cover all costs and some extra to cover any unforeseen expenses.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
Rleog
post Dec 6 2017, 09:10 PM
Post #129

Member No.: 1,239

PayPal'd.

Thanks, Andy.
+Quote Post
toolguy
post Dec 6 2017, 09:19 PM
Post #130

Member No.: 12,889

Pause for a moment and consider this. . .
Who , in the entire world, has done as much to promote and assist the interest and appreciation of the 914 than our own Andy ?? Without this site, thru his attention and dedication, we would all be left out in the cold. .
$25 isn't much considering the ongoing benefits and information [and humor] provided for the entire world. .
Thanks to Andy and the administrators. . I'm in. .
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Dec 7 2017, 08:31 AM
Post #131

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

It would be nice if there was a method to contribute other than PP. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
Beach914
post Dec 7 2017, 08:50 AM
Post #132

Member No.: 11,519

Not to complicate things but I also belong to a popular Red Italian car site and the have different levels of subscription, Rosso, Silver, and Free. Rosso and Silver get you priviledges into certain forums and the ability to post ads and such. They recently upgraded the site and now it has pop ups and advertising everywhere! I'm certainly not for that ! It sucks now.
A $25 contribution is definitely warranted for the value that I have extracted from this site over the years.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Dec 7 2017, 09:21 AM
Post #133

En Garde!

Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I don't think any of the Admins (myself included) will ever agree to a tiered system where you have to pay for content to this site. It just isn't what this place is about. The better the information and the more people we can spread it to, the more of our cars get saved.

That said, all voluntary contributions are exceptionally helpful! Thanks to all who have and are still contemplating a donation.

Zach
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Dec 7 2017, 09:32 AM
Post #134

Michael

Member No.: 9,712

OK, I am a little slower than most....I never knew about that link - or... I knew and forgot. So I just donated too. I truly appreciate all that 914World, Andy and all of the others do to keep this Site up and running. I would likely not have my Six if it were not for Andy and this Site. Cheers to all. Michael
+Quote Post
theer
post Dec 7 2017, 09:40 AM
Post #135

Member No.: 19,014

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 7 2017, 09:31 AM) *

It would be nice if there was a method to contribute other than PP. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

If it's PayPal specifically that you don't like, there's a similar online service called Venmo (www.venmo.com).

But, if it's online payments in general you avoid... give $25 to a friend and have them PayPal it in!

+Quote Post
clapeza
post Dec 7 2017, 10:14 AM
Post #136

Member No.: 12,677
Region Association: South East States

For the one website I check multiple times a day, that's always open in my browser, I'm happy to kick in my contribution! This is consistently the most supportive and beneficial site I've ever been a part of.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Dec 7 2017, 10:55 AM
Post #137

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 6 2017, 06:48 PM) *

Yep, never seen a dime from the banner Ads, they have always been going 100% to charity.

There is, however, talk among the admins to change that and use the Ad money for the site as well.

If we did that and combined it with the generous donations from this thread, we would have enough to cover all costs and some extra to cover any unforeseen expenses.

DO it,
I'm in
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Dec 7 2017, 12:11 PM
Post #138

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 6 2017, 06:48 PM) *

Andy,

Thanks for the clarification (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I bet you told me that many years ago and I forgot (Like most things). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
mmichalik
post Dec 7 2017, 12:26 PM
Post #139

MikeM

Member No.: 19,600

Jumping on the band wagon here. I have to agree that this site has proven invaluable to me many, many times so far and I'm sure there will be more to come.

I just paypal'd the 25.00 donation. It's well worth it.

Mike
+Quote Post
rgolia
post Dec 7 2017, 03:07 PM
Post #140

GeoJoe

Member No.: 11,329

A little late to the party but I am in. Contribution made. Thanks for all the time Andy - much appreciated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
+Quote Post

22 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:41 AM