Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question for you v8 guys??, How does it handle?
Andyrew
post May 29 2005, 11:46 AM
Post #41

Spooling.... Please wait

Group: Members
Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Well... How many guys was I tailing at the wcc on the corners? How many did I pass? Couple. How many guys passed me? Well... Drew passed me, but he's running slicks. The orange 6 passed me, I think he's running sticky tires... and "Ugly" passed me... but I managed to keep up with him for a while... then my balls came up and I held back a little (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif) Im sure there was others

I was running street tires, and I was very impressed with how much it "stuck".

Did I piss off enough people yet? No?

shoot...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 29 2005, 11:51 AM
Post #42

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

i here...er, hear ya. being aware than any car with 350-400 hp is going to be a handful with a pile of go pedal is the key. i was cautious when driving craig's yellow 8. it wasn't my car to brake, er, break.

k
+Quote Post
914GT
post May 30 2005, 10:19 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 2,923
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE (sean_v8_914 @ May 28 2005, 08:38 PM)
Guy: do you have pics of your radiator installation? the bracket fab and shrouding?

Sean, unfortunately I never took any pictures of the radiator during installation on my yellow car. Guess I was in too much of a rush. I just have pics of the opening and then after it was installed. But maybe I can take some pictures when the radiator goes in the new red car.
+Quote Post
Rider914
post May 31 2005, 08:34 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 1,923

QUOTE (sean_v8_914 @ May 29 2005, 09:28 AM)
its all true. a V8 914 handles like shit. they all overheat and the tranny breaks the first time you drive it. you can never do a burn out. the engine is too tightly jammed in there. its harder to work on. teh engine is too big and will flex teh chassis. you need sub-frame connectors. teh PCA people will flock to marvel at your fine machine. you need to run 5000 lbs rear springs to support the heavy motor. the high center of gravity will make your car flip over at on-ramps. you have to cut holes everywhere to make it fit. teh brakes will not stop the car with the heavy v8. gUys in Mustangs will wave you by to pass.

did I miss any?

You got most of them - someone posted here "you can't get to the spark plugs", uh - I can change them in 5 minutes and my 7 yr old son could change them.

I have driven mine daily from about '98. The only time it stranded me was when the clutch cable (it was factory from '72) broke. I walked to ACE and bought some cable clamps and went on my way.

My 315 35zr17's are just enough to keep it planted, I know it would be better with bigger - I don't know how it would work on smaller tires? Could be a myth because I have never driven one with stock small tires.

It is funny how V8's have become "accepted"
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 07:53 PM