Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: But In Time For the Season, I / We Need Your Help
bandjoey
post Dec 4 2017, 08:53 AM
Post #21

bandjoey

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hey jewelry and memento box sounds great that’s a new idea
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Betty
post Dec 5 2017, 06:43 PM
Post #22

Driver

Member No.: 3,255
Region Association: South East States

I like the suggestion made above of a gift from Heifer International. We've toyed with the idea of buying half of a Water Buffalo for a particular family member... then telling her to guess which end of it we got her. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

I don't know how much help I can be because I really do want car parts for Christmas (Clay got me new headlights and front trunk weatherstripping this year - don't tell him I know about it). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

What I can do is tell you about my experiences regarding gifts received and given. One of the best gifts I ever got was a can of cherry pie filling. My sister didn't have a lot of money, she knew I liked cherries, voila - a wrapped can of cherry pie filling under the Christmas tree that year. That she actually knew what I liked, and took the effort to get me something even when she couldn't afford much touched me deeply. I sat down that Christmas morning with a spoon and ate it sitting there, talking with her.

Two of the best gifts I've ever given were:
My Dad loved this one type of beer but he'd moved with my Step Mom to a part of the country where it could not be found. I figured out you could order it online and have it shipped by truck freight if you bought a minimum amount, which I did. I tormented him for days saying his gift had to be delivered by truck and giving him outlandish hints as to what it could be. When the delivery guy knocked on the door and my Dad saw HIS brand of beer - the phone call I got from him (after he'd put some beer in the fridge and squirreled the rest of it away of course) was so much fun.

Clay's had his pilot's license for a while now; flying has always been his first love. he LOVES vintage planes. His flight instructor flew P-38's during his time in the service (I'm sure he taught Clay flying stuff that most normal pilots don't know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ). A local airport had three T-28's hangared there and they would give hour long lessons to help pay for gas, parts, etc. so I bought an hour for Clay. It was AWESOME when they started that plane up. HUGE clouds of black smoke belching from the radial engine; and the SOUND! They flew off over the neighboring countryside and did aerobatics. Clay got to fly the plane, he even flew the take-off and landing since he was already a pilot with tail wheel experience. Clay had an absolute blast for that one hour! The entry in his pilot's logbook is one of his proudest accomplishments.

To sum up - when your wife is given the time and money to do what she really likes to do, what is that? Do something for what SHE likes.
+Quote Post
Millerwelds
post Dec 5 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #23

Pleepleus

Member No.: 9,206
Region Association: Northern California

15 year anniversary and while we generally do not buy each other gifts I bought a years subscription to the flower of the month club. Something we both can enjoy.

We generally save our gift money for cruises. We generally save enough to buy high end jewelry at huge discounts too (for her). Overall win win for both of us. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
hndyhrr
post Dec 5 2017, 09:34 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 16,332
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(warpig @ Dec 3 2017, 07:58 PM) *

i would love this one!!!!!
+Quote Post
flyer86d
post Dec 6 2017, 06:29 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 12,585
Region Association: North East States

42 years here. We said the same thing two years ago. I boought her an anniversary band as I remember it is called. A very narrow gold band with small diamonds. She loves it and wears it daily inside of her wedding band.

We got the extra special present that year when our oldest son and daughter-in-law announced that she was pregnant with our grandson. Great Christmas!

Charlie
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Dec 6 2017, 10:32 AM
Post #26

bandjoey

Great suggestions all. Some I really think will work. Also, glad to see a lady Betty chime in from the female prospective. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
porbmw
post Dec 6 2017, 12:34 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 9,534
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Dec 3 2017, 06:55 PM) *

It's hard to go wrong with baubles, but it can come off as somewhat generic.

Plan an overnight or weekend trip based on things she likes to do and surprise her with it.

If you want to do a "change the world" kind of gift in her name, sponsor a child through Compassion International or one of the other life changing charities. For what amounts to eating out once a month you can help raise a kid (who isn't expecting a new iPhone) out of poverty.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

If you can swing both...go for it.

The overnight/weekend trip will become "your Christmas gift"...am sure that you will "benefit". She can always wear baubles, but with a night out, you will get to wear her (out?) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
And a gift to a charity will benefit both of you, and many others
+Quote Post
abes914
post Dec 6 2017, 09:01 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 12,880
Region Association: Southern California

11 years here. We decided that we will give each other one gift a year. We combine all the gift giving holidays and anniversary into one gift. We still celebrate and go out and eat on special days. I've given jewelry (pearls) designer bags and vacation for the family. I also do random gifts just because. Last anniversary, I made breakfast in bed.

You can try gifting a paid spa treatment or salon experience.

Pandora jewelries are also fun. You can get charms each year or for special occasion.

+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Dec 6 2017, 10:07 PM
Post #29

bandjoey

Here's a new one you might go for. She loves her purse puppy. Dog photo session.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:36 PM