Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Roof Panel is Bowed, Is this normal?
7TPorsh
post Dec 6 2017, 11:41 AM
Post #1

7T Porsh

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,782
Region Association: Southern California

I pulled the roof out the other day and started to refurbish it. i added a rubber strip along the back since the stock one is gone.

After I installed it I am now noticing an air gap at the rear of the roof. Probably ther all along. I clamp down the back hooks and they are tight....but the middle of the roof is raised up? air gap.

I am surprised they didn't design a center hook or something to lock down the middle.

What's the story with this? Do I need another panel? No pics but it looks like this where the red is the air gap. Grey is the rubber seal...

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jonathan Livesay
post Dec 6 2017, 11:58 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,461
Region Association: None

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Dec 6 2017, 09:41 AM) *

I pulled the roof out the other day and started to refurbish it. i added a rubber strip along the back since the stock one is gone.

After I installed it I am now noticing an air gap at the rear of the roof. Probably ther all along. I clamp down the back hooks and they are tight....but the middle of the roof is raised up? air gap.

I am surprised they didn't design a center hook or something to lock down the middle.

What's the story with this? Do I need another panel? No pics but it looks like this where the red is the air gap. Grey is the rubber seal...

Attached Image

I'm in La Canada, want to try a different top on it? Maybe it's the roll bar and not the roof?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:28 AM