Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1975 2.0 Engine Swap, Parts list for installation of replacement and suggestions/guidance
walter j
post Dec 19 2017, 02:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,790
Region Association: None

First of all, my apologies if this is the wrong place to post this or if what I am looking for has already been done elsewhere.
I have a 1975 2.0 and intend to swap the engine and replace it with a 1.7 engine from a 1972 914 that has been rebuilt by Kelly Moss to what I think is 2056. I plan on using the Weber carbs (44 IDF), exhaust and mechanicals that are currently mounted on the 72 in the 75 unless there's a reason not to (please chime in).
The engine in the 75 is in need of a rebuild and this car turned up on BAT recently and caught my interest so that’s the project.
I have found posts about removing the engine, etc. but I was hoping to find a post/thread that goes through all of the rubber and other parts that should be replaced when installing the replacement engine.
To the extent there are related things to address while the engine is out, I would be interested to hear those suggestions. I will see what the clutch looks like when the engine is out.
I am going to be working on this project with a mechanic friend of mine so I am trying to get as much done ahead of time to make the job easier on his part since beer and pizza will only go so far.
Thanks for the group think and patience since I have not taken on a project of this scope before and it took me a long time to get here.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:30 AM