Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 2.0 Engine Swap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
walter j
First of all, my apologies if this is the wrong place to post this or if what I am looking for has already been done elsewhere.
I have a 1975 2.0 and intend to swap the engine and replace it with a 1.7 engine from a 1972 914 that has been rebuilt by Kelly Moss to what I think is 2056. I plan on using the Weber carbs (44 IDF), exhaust and mechanicals that are currently mounted on the 72 in the 75 unless there's a reason not to (please chime in).
The engine in the 75 is in need of a rebuild and this car turned up on BAT recently and caught my interest so that’s the project.
I have found posts about removing the engine, etc. but I was hoping to find a post/thread that goes through all of the rubber and other parts that should be replaced when installing the replacement engine.
To the extent there are related things to address while the engine is out, I would be interested to hear those suggestions. I will see what the clutch looks like when the engine is out.
I am going to be working on this project with a mechanic friend of mine so I am trying to get as much done ahead of time to make the job easier on his part since beer and pizza will only go so far.
Thanks for the group think and patience since I have not taken on a project of this scope before and it took me a long time to get here.
barefoot
The engine tin bits will all be OK, but you will need all the exhaust system parts from the 1.7 including the heater duct parts as that stuff is different from 75-76 versions.
Look at the exhaust sections of the attached PET diagrams.

Click to view attachment
walter j
QUOTE(barefoot @ Dec 20 2017, 02:59 PM) *

The engine tin bits will all be OK, but you will need all the exhaust system parts from the 1.7 including the heater duct parts as that stuff is different from 75-76 versions.
Look at the exhaust sections of the attached PET diagrams.

Click to view attachment

Ok, I will check that out as we move along.
Thanks for the input.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.